What to say after you choose an advisor

If you choose an advisor out of the professors interested in advising you... What would you say? Should I email my decision to both in a single email or should I address each in a separate email? Really worried that I would get caught up in politics or end up creating an enemy especially that one professor is more enthusiastic about me than the other (not the one I am choosing)

You deal with each person individually. If you actually met them in person, give them a personal call and explain that you have chosen X because X provides the kind of support you seek. Make sure it's strictly professional. Suggest that you're open to future collaborations and you look forward to being colleagues.

I agree with Cup o'Joe. Communicate individually and as personally as possible (phone call is better than email). I was in this very position not that long ago. I went to the professor I was turning down first. We had/have a good relationship since he was my undergrad advisor and I had done small amount of work for him. I had been very open with him all along about my situation. I doubt we will collaborate, the sub-disciplines we are in are very different, but it is a small department.