City College (CUNY CCNY) MA

blackwizard420

Does anyone know anything about the MA program in Art History at City College? Any information on your experience there or the program's reputation would be really helpful!

I am an NYC resident and museum professional and I want to get a PhD in Art History eventually. However, I have a non-traditional background (I studied studio art with just a smattering of art history), and I want to get an MA to focus my interests and get real research experience (and I have to go to a public school for $$ reasons).

I am also considering Hunter, and I know their program is great. But I suspect City's program is smaller and I like the faculty's research interests, so I think it might provide me with more individual guidance.

I am currently contacting people at both schools etc, but any info would be great! Thanksss

Thanks, that's good to hear! My interest in City is furthered by the fact that it's like ten blocks from my apartment, haha.

I like that City's M.A. faculty is focused on modern/contemporary and non-western art, and includes at least one practicing artist. I'm interested in landscape traditions and ideas of space, but I'm coming from a do-whatever-you-want!!! art school background and I'm hoping to focus those interests in a more art-historical way in an M.A. program.