Manhattan Math Really Hard?

`jah

Is it just me or are the Manhattan Q sections in the online practice exams really hard?

I'm got 750 on Manhattan but 800 on all of the ETS practice exams I've taken.

Is it just me or are the Manhattan Q sections in the online practice exams really hard?

I'm got 750 on Manhattan but 800 on all of the ETS practice exams I've taken.

try MGRE test in untimed mode - that's the way beneficial than when you simply mark and leave it in timed test. Ponder over questions, and you will learn more than if you mark and go. That you check OA and explanation will not help you. Do your best with difficult questions, learn to solve on your own firstly, absorb the math concepts and apply them for GRE.

Do continue MGRE tests in untimed mode and study the content of most challenging questions. With the easy questions most people solve, mark and go anyways :)

Having said this much if you score not below 92% in MGRE math (untimed mode) you will be guaranted 160+ for math in exam. If you raise your score to 166+ in MGRE your test score achievements in real GRE may also stand closer to 166

Edited by pemdas

This is interesting to me. I have read from others than the math was easier than ETS tests.

What did you think of the verbal? I scored 157 on the first online test today, but I don't know how accurate it is since I only got half of the questions right.

I felt the sentence completions were harder than Powerprep but the RC seemed to be easier to read.

yeah, i found the manhattan gre math to be a bit tougher than the real thing, but i don't find this to be a bad thing. if you prepare with material thats harder than the real test, you'll almost be guaranteed to score better simply because your prep has been more stringent

• 2 months later...

I was consistently between 149 and 155 on MGRE and found the actually GRE to be profoundly more difficult. I had little idea of how to attack each problem and wound up with an unremarkable 144. Needless to say I will retake it a month.

• 2 months later...

Just a quick update:  With settled nerves and endless problem solving using Manhattan's prep books and Magoosh, a dummy like me went from a woeful 151V 144Q to a 159V and 153Q.

I think taking the PowerPrep helped alleviate test anxiety and there was a familiarity in format down to the look of the test.  Plus I am 40 and haven't taken a standardized test since '89.