Purdue 2009

wantaphd

I've been admitted to the Materials Science Ph.D. program. I'm currently scrounging around craigslist for apartments, but I'm worried about finding something because I won't be able to visit until early June. Even then, I probably won't be moving in until the end of August. In any case, I'd also like meet new, incoming grad students. Even though I'll probably be mostly associating with those in my program, I think it's important to have friends in a lot of different areas. Maybe we can organize a meet and greet at a bar sometime in late August or early September.

I've been admitted to the Materials Science Ph.D. program. I'm currently scrounging around craigslist for apartments, but I'm worried about finding something because I won't be able to visit until early June. Even then, I probably won't be moving in until the end of August. In any case, I'd also like meet new, incoming grad students. Even though I'll probably be mostly associating with those in my program, I think it's important to have friends in a lot of different areas. Maybe we can organize a meet and greet at a bar sometime in late August or early September.

I think that would be a good idea...sometime after orientation?

I may miss orientation due to a summer internship. Although, that has not been finalized yet. But you guys should still go ahead and hold one when you get to Purdue. I'm willing to trade emails with anyone who wants. Just use the little mail icon in the box to the right and we can trade email that way.

I think thats a great idea...now who is going to do it??

There's a current facebook group named "Purdue Grad Student Unite" which sounds like a lonely grad student is trying to unite with him/herself. We can crash that one or I can create a new one. Hopefully with proper plurality and such.

Hi keralovell,

I'll be taking AMST601 which is required for doctoral students and African American Women Writers with Dr. Patton. I think I'm also going to take the feminist theory class, but I haven't decided yet. I'm going to stay in Graduate housing my first year; it's just more convenient since all of my furniture and stuff is in storage in Georgia and I'm in Washington State right now.

What about you?

Hey guys!...congrats on all ur admits....but pls u gotta help me out...iv been accepted into th MS industrial engg program, and im undecided between purdue and virginia tech, cuz i seem 2 have pitifully low info abt the program at purdue...

does any1 know wat the funding\TA\interships and placements scene is ?....im an international student from India btw...what r my chances in such aspects??

Hi wantaphd,

I'll be taking the Modern Native American Literature class, the AM studies seminar and I'm also taking the feminist methodology and theory course. We'll definitely be in some of the same classes. What part of Georgia are you from? I go to Agnes Scott in Atlanta.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use