NIH Grant funding time line?

LadyL

Hi everyone. I found out today that I am waitlisted at a program I interviewed for. The professor I interviewed with told me on 2/10 that her 5 year, very large research grant had been scored favorably on 2/7 and that her ability to take a student would be contingent on funding. The wait list email indicates that the program hopes to take more students off the wait list but this is dependent upon availability of funding. So putting 2 and 2 together, my chances at admission seem to be tied in to the status of her grant.

Does anyone know the usual time line between when a grant is scored and when a funding decision is made? I would ask my boss, who's been through the process many times, but he is out sick with pneumonia and I'd rather not bother him if I can avoid it. The NIH website seems to indicate that a decision will be made within a month or two: http://www.grants.nih.gov/grants/grants_process.htm Does that sound about right?