Applying for Assistantship Question

FutureCPA

I am currently applying for a graduate assistant position. The bottom of the application says to include a personal statement and resume, if available. I am wondering if I could use the same (somewhat edited) personal statement from my application to the program or if I should write a whole new personal statement.

Also, Should I include my masters program on my resume? The program starts in a few weeks so I haven't technically started it yet.

Yes, you should write a new statement detailing why you're suitable for the assistantship. Why would they want to read a pared down copy of your other personal statement? It just reflects poorly on your motivation.

I'm confused. Why would you include the school that you're attending in a resume for the school that you're attending? I mean it wouldn't do any harm I don't think but one would hope that you would have better things to fill up that space.

Yes, you should write a new statement detailing why you're suitable for the assistantship. Why would they want to read a pared down copy of your other personal statement? It just reflects poorly on your motivation.

Thank you for the advice! I was only considering that because they were looking to hire someone soon(within a week or so) and that would allow me to send my information in faster.