Anyone in Brown's Modern Culture & Media PhD Program?

kxxx

Thoughts on couses, faculty, funding package, other students? It looks like my dream program with several affiliated faculty that list queer theory under their areas of interest/research, but would love to hear a first hand account of the program (and maybe what they're looking for in admissions?) Thanks!

I know nothing about this program, but I'm also very interested in applying. I currently have a MA in English Literature, but am interested in breaking out into other fields.

That being said, I can't find anything either. I thought maybe we could both be disappointed in the lack of information together. :)

Hah, well thanks for the commiseration post! I can't even find so much as a lowly blog entry with MCM in it. All my internet research comes up with either this post or pages from Brown's website. Oh well. I suppose if you're actually in a grad program you wouldn't be spending much time on this forum talking about it

• 4 weeks later...

While I have you here...where are other English Ph.D applicants applying? I have a ,BA in English and an MFA in Poetry. I want to pursue a Ph.D in English with a focus in gender and sexuality/feminist studies. I want a fully funded program, that's culturally diverse, and of course a city/program that's lesbian friendly while I did see the thread about some lesbian friendly cities I still want to talk more. See what you might recommend and hear what you're thinking. My top 5 so far is Vanderbilt University-Ph.D in English, University of Michigan-Ph.D in English and Women's Studies, University of Wisconsin at Madison-Ph.D in English Literary Studies, University of Minnesota-Ph.D in English, and UC Santa Barbara-Ph.D in English. Still considering a Chicago school, Brown, UC Irvine-Ph.D in Culture and Theory.

Would love a great American Studies programs but not open to L.A. and USC or Berkeley. Any feedback?