What do to with "Additional Information" section?

Hello! Just looking for a bit of guidance here.

Fordham's Applied Developmental Psych application has sections for uploading a CV, a personal statement, a list of research skills, and any "additional information" that may be helpful to the adcomm, or that wasn't captured elsewhere.

The additional information is throwing me for a loop. It sounds like most people use this as a way of explaining bad parts of their applications, but I really don't have too many weakness to explain away. I mean, I'm not some crazy perfect candidate, but I do have a 4.0 GPA, solid GRE scores, research experience, a publication, etc.

So do I ignore this part of the application? I was thinking of writing a quick (1/2 page) statement on why my minors in Biology and Poli Sci make me a unique candidate. Does that sound like a reasonable idea?

Wow, I'm shocked to hear these responses, honestly.

I'll have to figure out if I want to add it into my application or not, but what I wrote was only 9 sentences long. It described pretty specifically why my 2 minors make me uniquely situated for this degree. Maybe I'll show it to a professor or two and see what they say. But why wouldn't you add in another layer of "why I'm awesome" to your application if there is space for it??!

I feel that the "additional information" section is like the "any other comments" section in surveys etc. It's meant for special cases only -- things you can't fit in anywhere else on the application. For the thing you want to write, that is something that belongs in the Statement of Purpose -- it's actually exactly the type of thing you want to write in the SOP!