McGill PhD in Music and Gender/Women's Studies

Does anyone here know anything about McGill's joint PhD program in music and GWS? The general coursework seems to be the same as the musicology degree, with the addition of a few courses in feminist theories and methodologies. I've corresponded a bit with Lloyd Whitesell on the merits of both programs, but am still on the fence as to which one would be better for my ideal dissertation topic (writings linking male homosexuality and music in turn-of-the-twentieth century European social science) and job prospects, such as they are, for musicologists. McGill has a policy that you can only apply to one program within a division, so applying to both is unfortunately out.

Is anyone currently in this program (or know someone who has completed it)? I'm glad that the Music Research Department supports feminist and LGBT studies, but this doesn't make the application process any less confusing! :)