EPA Star Fellowship 2013

Alaudid

Tim is in my department, and I know him pretty well. 

@TimmStrathmann Associate Professor of Environmental Engineering, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign. He seems to know something.

Retweeting: FY2014 EPA budget includes elimination EPA STAR Graduate Fellowship Program. Will be a big loss to grad students in environmental sciences.

Any A2 Emerging Environmental Approaches & Challenges: Information Science ?

My patience is running low!

Mine is running very low also  :mellow:  I am in Green Engineering/Building/Chemical Products & Processes/Materials Development  (C1)!

Has anyone really not heard about any phone calls? I find this to be concerning, because in previous years people's friends or lab mates posted something by now.

That said nothing for me yet, applied under F1

I'm out of the running. B3.

I'm confused though because I only have ONE review instead of three this time, which shows an average application score and some feedback on each criterion. I wonder if I had made it to internal review this year? Does everyone else have one review labeled "Peer Review Results"?

I'm out of the running. B3.

I'm confused though because I only have ONE review instead of three this time, which shows an average application score and some feedback on each criterion. I wonder if I had made it to internal review this year? Does everyone else have one review labeled "Peer Review Results"?

Hey  igresqc. In my experience (this is my 4th year applying) that means that you made it to the final round. There were two years that I only had one review and they explained that after the external review they send back to EPA and get an internal review and make the final selection there. I assume it is the same this year. 

So no good news from anyone?  Nothing here yet in Philly for B-2.....but that could very well be due to the amazingly slow University Post-Office where letters sometimes take weeks to emerge from.......

Got my packet of doom yesterday. E3. Reviews: E, VG, and F.  The first two reviews really liked my proposal and were very encouraging. The third eviscerated my proposal. Very discourging review. I'm amazed how you can have such wildly different reviews to the same proposal.

A friend of mine also got her's yesterday. She was in B2. I think that means all the categories are sending out rejections now.

Good luck to those who haven't heard yet. For those rejected, keep your head up and keep plugging away. It will pay off in the long run.

Got my packet of doom yesterday. E3. Reviews: E, VG, and F.  The first two reviews really liked my proposal and were very encouraging. The third eviscerated my proposal. Very discourging review. I'm amazed how you can have such wildly different reviews to the same proposal.

A friend of mine also got her's yesterday. She was in B2. I think that means all the categories are sending out rejections now.

Good luck to those who haven't heard yet. For those rejected, keep your head up and keep plugging away. It will pay off in the long run.

It's always the third reviewer!   Thought everyone who already got their package of doom might like this video - very funny

Edited by MochaMocha

So no good news from anyone?  Nothing here yet in Philly for B-2.....but that could very well be due to the amazingly slow University Post-Office where letters sometimes take weeks to emerge from.......

Does no news count as good news? Still nothing for E1 in Georgia.

Well, I'm officially out of the running and since I'm already 2nd year PhD this is my last time. Letter dated May 3rd, one reviewer, received by parents in Boston. My FON was E3. I never expected to win, but had a sliver of hope until now. Good luck to everyone else