Professors and Journals

pcv13

When you're researching a particular professor and you want to read his or her work, how do you access journals if you're no longer able to use a database with a university ID? I'm sure there is a way but I keep encountering pay-to-access sites. What are you all using?

I'm going to a local university that has public access during certain hours. I called ahead to make sure I could access online journal databases. Also, I have seen some people mention on here that they contacted the professor directly to ask for a copy of their article, and the professor was happy to provide it.

I'm going to a local university that has public access during certain hours. I called ahead to make sure I could access online journal databases. Also, I have seen some people mention on here that they contacted the professor directly to ask for a copy of their article, and the professor was happy to provide it.

Thanks! That's a good idea. I'm abroad at the moment but I was able to get the log-in information for my old local library to access online journals.