ENOUGH???

azazaz

I've just taken the GRE and scored 153-verbal and 165-quant. I am an inten-l student (from Turkey) and applying to Chemical Engineering for MS/PhD. Would you mind telling me are these scores good enough for:

1. Cornell

2. Iowa State

3. University of Iowa

4. Brown

5. Washington University in St. Louis

6. Wisconsin-Madison

What about analytical writing?

I am not very familiar with the revised GRE scores. However, converting it to the old system your score would be 500 on verbal and about 800 on quantitative.

I think that score would be considered relatively good considering you are an international student. I had a similar GRE score in 2010 when I applied for MS/PhD in mechanical engineering and I had a decent chance of getting into those schools.

Firstly, thanks for your reply. Aw is 4.0. I guess my TOEFL result will supplant verbal part since I got 106. That is a decent score, though , well TOEFL much more easier. Should I apply? promptly my profile:

1) 3 gold medal in national and 2 bronze medals in international chemistry olymp ( well, it is high school heyday)

2) double major: Chemical Eng ( major) and Chemistry (2nd major). It is really difficult to make DM in Turkey since one will take about 12 courses in smstr. Lots of labs, projects.... besides, my univ. is the best in Turkey (METU, Ankara)

3) 3rd in ChE and in top 5 stdnts in Chem (high school was not wasted :D)

4) about 3 month research in Chem and 3 month( going on) in ChE. ( it is really diff-lt to be accepted for research in Turkey in undegrad years.)

5) worked one year as a teacher for chemistry olympiad team and was TA for freshmen chemistry students. Conducted 2 month of compulsory summer practice ( glass and sugar productions)

6) SoP is not ready

7) LoR will be decent. They know me very well. 2 of them from Iowa State....

I am beholden for your honest replies.... Thanks...