MPH CANADA FALL 2013 APPLICANTS

mazylexsymi

I'm wondering if I should be worried that my Lakehead application still just has it as "Applied" and nothing else. Does anyone else have the same thing?

Yup....mine also says 'applied'.

I'm wondering if I should be worried that my Lakehead application still just has it as "Applied" and nothing else. Does anyone else have the same thing?

Lakehead does rolling admissions and will accept into the the summer months so I wouldn't worry about your status at this point.  Also, if you haven't been rejected yet, that's a good thing.  It seems like they accepted some people the end of February but I don't think that necessarily means your chances for admission are lower.  It does make it difficult if you have been accepted to other institutions and response is required. Lakehead is the only University I applied to so that was not an issue for me :)

Hi everyone!

Just got news on Wednesday that I've been accepted to U of A for their MSc. Global Health. If anyone is planning on attending U of A this September and is looking for roommates, let me know. I'll be moving from Toronto! 

Best of luck to those still waiting! 

I do not understand why the majority of these universities in Canada even have online systems which are supposedly in place to keep applicants and potential students updated. They are the worst at doing anything close to it. Instead they increase anxiety and confusion amongst the potential applicant pool. At this point for myself, I have to consider that I've been rejected from U of A, Toronto and the others. 

I do not understand why the majority of these universities in Canada even have online systems which are supposedly in place to keep applicants and potential students updated. They are the worst at doing anything close to it. Instead they increase anxiety and confusion amongst the potential applicant pool. At this point for myself, I have to consider that I've been rejected from U of A, Toronto and the others. 

I agree...they totally do not care about the feelings of their applicants  :angry:... 

Hey everyone, 

I'm a bit late at posting this, but this past week I was also rejected from SFU, and wait listed at U of T. 

Good luck to all.  :)

Sorry about SFU, but best wishes on that wait-list @ U of T!  Did SFU send an email or change your online status? I doubt there's still any good news to be expected from there...so I am already looking @ other options, sadly...SFU was my favourite program!!  :(

Sorry it was suppose to add enviro and occ stream to my comment above
Thanks!! I'm waiting on their Epi MPH stream, fingers crossed! I've accepted my USask offer still as they have an amazingggggg variety of Epi courses that I would love to take. Goodluck to everyone else waiting. And to anyone going to USask, see you on August 16th :)

Hey everyone, 

I'm a bit late at posting this, but this past week I was also rejected from SFU, and wait listed at U of T. 

Good luck to all.  :)

hi there!  I was also wait listed at U of T (Health Promotion).  I found out last week as well.  I was wondering if they told you where you stand on the wait list?  They told me that there are "at least 15 people ranked ahead of me on the wait list" ... but I have a feeling they told this to everyone! So just curious.. Thanks! :)

Hi,

I am currently on the wait list for Guelph's MPH. They received 250 applications for fall 2013 and are in the process of sending out their first round of offers. I received this information by emailing the department and simply asking about the status of my application. Initially I contacted Trudi the grad secretary, but she is out of office and all MPH application questions are to be directed to Rebecca Knaggs at rknaggs@uoguelph.ca . She was very kind and quick to reply (same morning). If you are in a time crunch like I am (Lakehead is expecting an answer by Monday) go ahead and shoot her a message to know where you're at. Good luck.

I was accepted to Guelph's MPH, and I am very happy as I only applied to Guelph! I have to respond by April 29th, so I'm assuming they will send out second rounds then.

I'm a biomed major with a minor in psyc and I am graduating this semester. I just barely made the B+ average and but I have lots of volunteer experience (HIV/AIDS, get swabbed campaign, tobacco awareness, alcohol educator, peer helper, brain day, etc etc). I also have research experience in the population medicine department at Guelph and spent the past two years as a doctor's assistant part time. So, there is hope for people with not the greatest averages to get in!

Good luck and hopefully see you in the fall!

I was accepted to Guelph's MPH, and I am very happy as I only applied to Guelph! I have to respond by April 29th, so I'm assuming they will send out second rounds then.

I'm a biomed major with a minor in psyc and I am graduating this semester. I just barely made the B+ average and but I have lots of volunteer experience (HIV/AIDS, get swabbed campaign, tobacco awareness, alcohol educator, peer helper, brain day, etc etc). I also have research experience in the population medicine department at Guelph and spent the past two years as a doctor's assistant part time. So, there is hope for people with not the greatest averages to get in!

Good luck and hopefully see you in the fall!

Hey, congrats! How did you find out you got accepted? Did you get an email? I messaged Rebecca at the Guelph MPH department to inquire about the status of my application but she just told me that letters will be sent out in the next two weeks. 

I, too, am waiting to hear back from Alberta and Toronto (pop health streams).

Has anybody had any luck contacting Alberta to ask about their status? I have been accepted to SFU and Queen's and need to reply to SFU by Wednesday; however, Alberta is my first choice.

I don't think the lack of status update has anything to do with people disregarding applicants feelings, but rather has to do with the way the program administration is set up. Would you rather be on the wait-list and have your status say 'decision pending', or be told you were rejected because you were so far down the wait list that there was only the slightest chance you would get in? I'm sure most people here would prefer to be kept on the wait-list just in case, rather than be rejected outright.

Best of luck to everybody else who is waiting! Fingers crossed.

Thanks!! I'm waiting on their Epi MPH stream, fingers crossed! I've accepted my USask offer still as they have an amazingggggg variety of Epi courses that I would love to take. Goodluck to everyone else waiting. And to anyone going to USask, see you on August 16th :)

I also applied to Usask for the epi stream. I got department recommended as soon as they received my last letter, which was just before the deadline, but they sent me an email confirming that I got department recommended just last week.  

Still waiting anxiously for CGSR  :(

Hey, congrats! How did you find out you got accepted? Did you get an email? I messaged Rebecca at the Guelph MPH department to inquire about the status of my application but she just told me that letters will be sent out in the next two weeks. 

Thank you!

I got a letter in the mail that was dated April 8th.

Thank you!

I got a letter in the mail that was dated April 8th.

Thanks very much for letting me know :). Guelph has some really interesting public health courses. It will be a wonderful program for you to attend. Thanks again :)

Sorry about SFU, but best wishes on that wait-list @ U of T!  Did SFU send an email or change your online status? I doubt there's still any good news to be expected from there...so I am already looking @ other options, sadly...SFU was my favourite program!!  :(

Try not to worry! It's cruel that they're keeping so many people waiting so long to find out their status, as they said we would have them "as soon as March 15th"...  <_<

And they sent me an email before they changed my status. You should call/email and ask about your status. You might be wait listed. Best of luck!  :)

hi there!  I was also wait listed at U of T (Health Promotion).  I found out last week as well.  I was wondering if they told you where you stand on the wait list?  They told me that there are "at least 15 people ranked ahead of me on the wait list" ... but I have a feeling they told this to everyone! So just curious.. Thanks! :)

They also sent me the email saying there are "at least 15 people" ahead of me.. I guess they are just sending the same email to everyone who isn't in the top 15!