MPH CANADA FALL 2013 APPLICANTS

mazylexsymi

My U of T application (Epi) says Decision Made but I have not received anything via mail/email.  I'm assuming this is not a good sign but would still like to contact admissions to find out for sure.  Anyone know who the best to contact would be?

Anybody who has applied to U of T Health Promotion for Fall 2013 - have you heard anything/ has your status changed on the application? Or have you heard of ANYONE getting accepted or rejected yet? My status still says "Under Review" so I'm starting to worry :(

Hey, 

For those asking who I emailed at U of T to find out my status, it was the general grad office email (dlsph.grad@utoronto.ca). 

And my status online is still "under review"

Hope this helps

My U of T application (Epi) says Decision Made but I have not received anything via mail/email.  I'm assuming this is not a good sign but would still like to contact admissions to find out for sure.  Anyone know who the best to contact would be?

I am in the same boat! i e-mailed the graduate coordinator yesterday but haven't heard back yet or received any mail

If i don't hear back by Friday I might just call in to find out 

Hey, 

For those asking who I emailed at U of T to find out my status, it was the general grad office email (dlsph.grad@utoronto.ca). 

And my status online is still "under review"

Hope this helps

thanks! 

Edited by MPH2013

I am in the same boat! i e-mailed the graduate coordinator yesterday but haven't heard back yet or received any mail

If i don't hear back by Friday I might just call in to find out 

I just got an email back stating that all decisions were mailed out late last week so we should be getting something in the mail this week.  I'm assuming if your status says "under review" it probably means waitlisted....

I got an e-mail back saying that I was wait-listed (Uoft Epi). This is the second year in a row that I've been wait-listed but thankfully I've been accepted to Queens (MSc in Epi) this year. I didn't receive an official response from UofT regarding my status until the middle of June last year, hopefully this year will have a better outcome. Good luck to everyone still waiting! 

SFU still working on a technicality, they expect to start sending out responses next week. So, another agonizing week in the waiting game... 

This is getting slightly ridiculous.

Anybody who has applied to U of T Health Promotion for Fall 2013 - have you heard anything/ has your status changed on the application? Or have you heard of ANYONE getting accepted or rejected yet? My status still says "Under Review" so I'm starting to worry :(

Hi,

I e-mailed U of T (Health Promotion) today, asking about when the decisions would be made, as I've been accepted to U Alberta and need to respond to their offer by April 5th. This was the response:

"Your application is still being reviewed by the admissions committee.  Decisions for the social behaviroual health sciences program will likely be made in mid April - as indicated on the application website.  We thank you for your patience."

I applied on March 6th to Usask MPH - epi. Last document received on March 22nd. Decision made and department recommended on March 22nd.

Did they send u an email yet? Mine still is Decision made, they got my documents 2 days before yours I think. Fingers crossed.

I got an e-mail back saying that I was wait-listed (Uoft Epi). This is the second year in a row that I've been wait-listed but thankfully I've been accepted to Queens (MSc in Epi) this year. I didn't receive an official response from UofT regarding my status until the middle of June last year, hopefully this year will have a better outcome. Good luck to everyone still waiting! 

Hey! Congratulations on getting into queens! I was wondering what your status is on the uoft website and if you received the e-mail for their spring Mph open house? 

Edited by MPH2013

Hey! Congratulations on getting into queens! I was wondering what your status is on the uoft website and if you received the e-mail for their spring Mph open house?

Thanks! My status still says under review and I didn't get an invite to the open house. Hope that helps

SFU still working on a technicality, they expect to start sending out responses next week. So, another agonizing week in the waiting game... 

Hi. How did you get to know about this latest information? Did you call or email them. SFU never responds to my email, I dont know why, it makes me feel sick.

Did they send u an email yet? Mine still is Decision made, they got my documents 2 days before yours I think. Fingers crossed.

are we suppose to get an email after department recommended? I think we only get it after the college of graduate studies reviews the application, and considering that they have to review all graduate applications its going to take some time to get a formal offer or email. 

Edited by afzal_11

are we suppose to get an email after department recommended? I think we only get it after the college of graduate studies reviews the application, and considering that they have to review all graduate applications its going to take some time to get a formal offer or email. 

Does ur decision states to contact admissions office or department recommend??

Hi. How did you get to know about this latest information? Did you call or email them. SFU never responds to my email, I dont know why, it makes me feel sick.

Oh, I called them: 778 782 4821

Anyone hear from McGill yet? Its almost April :(

I got an email from the chair of their admissions committee to clarify some of my courses, so I guess they've started to review applications!

Does ur decision states to contact admissions office or department recommend??

No it was department recommend. They might just be asking the international students to contact admissions, to get more of an idea on their educational background. 

Edited by afzal_11

Hi,

I e-mailed U of T (Health Promotion) today, asking about when the decisions would be made, as I've been accepted to U Alberta and need to respond to their offer by April 5th. This was the response:

"Your application is still being reviewed by the admissions committee.  Decisions for the social behaviroual health sciences program will likely be made in mid April - as indicated on the application website.  We thank you for your patience."

That's brutal!  Really sorry to hear that - and sad to hear it since I've applied to U of T for Health Promotion too :(  When I asked them back in January when I submitted my application, they said that the first round of admissions would go out at the end of March .. and that everyone would know their status by mid-April .. So I really hope they don't just start sending them out in mid-April, but rather that that is the latest we would hear..

Really annoying for you though especially since you have an offer from U of A.  Do you know what your gonna do?