MPH CANADA FALL 2013 APPLICANTS

mazylexsymi

Hi Iv27,

I haven't heard from UWO yet but I spoke to someone who was accepted last year, and they said that they heard back sometime in May so I am assuming that is around the time that we will hear back! 

Where else have you applied to? Keep me posted if you hear back! Good luck! 

hi Epi-OG, 

I applied to UWO, UofT for the MPH in Epi (I'm wait listed again this year) and to Queens for the MSc in Epi (which I've been accepted to). Thanks for the info re: UWO, hopefully they come out with decisions sooner this year. Best of luck to you as well! 

hi Epi-OG, 

I applied to UWO, UofT for the MPH in Epi (I'm wait listed again this year) and to Queens for the MSc in Epi (which I've been accepted to). Thanks for the info re: UWO, hopefully they come out with decisions sooner this year. Best of luck to you as well! 

Hi Iv27,

Congratulations on your acceptance to Queens! Which school is your first choice?

I applied to UWO, McMaster (Health Research Methodology) and Guelph. Still waiting to hear back from each school. 

Hi Iv27,

Congratulations on your acceptance to Queens! Which school is your first choice?

I applied to UWO, McMaster (Health Research Methodology) and Guelph. Still waiting to hear back from each school. 

To be honest I'm not too sure....I'm going to keep an open mind until I hear back from all 3 schools. 

To those who have been accepted to UofT Epi, is there a date that you need to confirm your acceptance by? 

Hi, I received my acceptance letter from UoS yest :) waiting for SFU and U of Alberta...

Nice. Congratulations. Mine still stands at decision made. Haven't hears anymore yet. Same as SFU, uofA..the wait is been too much already.

I called Waterloo regarding my application since it says no decision has been made yet. The coordinator said that the statuses can be changed from now until the end of the week if you are accepted or declined. They still haven't inputted all of the decisions made yet on Quest. If by the end of the week you don't hear back or have a decision made, call them next week to see where you are on the waiting list.

*crossing my fingers*

I called Waterloo regarding my application since it says no decision has been made yet. The coordinator said that the statuses can be changed from now until the end of the week if you are accepted or declined. They still haven't inputted all of the decisions made yet on Quest. If by the end of the week you don't hear back or have a decision made, call them next week to see where you are on the waiting list.

*crossing my fingers*

Thanks for letting us know, mine still says no decision yet made. Hopefully we hear back soon!

Hi, I received my acceptance letter from UoS yest  :)  waiting for SFU and U of Alberta...

Hi,

Congratulations for your acceptance in UoS. Are you a domestic or international applicant?

Mine is still decision made and I am an international applicant.

Hi,

Congratulations for your acceptance in UoS. Are you a domestic or international applicant?

Mine is still decision made and I am an international applicant.

Hi,  Thanku. I am an international applicant. Online notification came around first week of march. Received official acceptance letter exactly two weeks later. 

Where else you've applied? 

Good Luck

Hi, mine says decision made and contact admissions office and its the same from 2nd week of march. I have applied only to UoS.

Hi, Thanku. I am an international applicant. Online notification came around first week of march. Received official acceptance letter exactly two weeks later.

Where else you've applied?

Good Luck

Hey, 

Sorry about the delay in posting. I went out of town the day after I received my acceptance to the Uvic MPH. I was notified by email around 1pm on March 25, 2013 and I accepted the offer the same day. I know one other person who also received acceptance to the part-time program on the same day. On the mystatus account it still says forwarded to department- We were only given until April 2nd to accept the offer so I'm assuming that more offers will be rolling out in the next few weeks as people turn down offers.

Also, it was noted in the letter that they are discontinuing their Health Informatics program, so if that was a first choice you might be accepted for your second choice stream.

Other than that I haven't received any information, I was told that more info would be sent out later on (I'm assuming once they have final numbers).

Edited by dfordelight

Hey, 

Sorry about the delay in posting. I went out of town the day after I received my acceptance to the Uvic MPH. I was notified by email around 1pm on March 25, 2013 and I accepted the offer the same day. I know one other person who also received acceptance to the part-time program on the same day. On the mystatus account it still says forwarded to department- We were only given until April 2nd to accept the offer so I'm assuming that more offers will be rolling out in the next few weeks as people turn down offers.

Also, it was noted in the letter that they are discontinuing their Health Informatics program, so if that was a first choice you might be accepted for your second choice stream.

Other than that I haven't received any information, I was told that more info would be sent out later on (I'm assuming once they have final numbers).

Thanks for letting us know. My online status hasn't even changed to forwarded to department. It still says, forwarded interim review, that means, it hasn't even got to the department yet. :(

Thanks for letting us know. My online status hasn't even changed to forwarded to department. It still says, forwarded interim review, that means, it hasn't even got to the department yet. :(

Mine says the same thing as well, not sure what it means. I tried calling today, but the office is closed for Easter.

Congratulations! i also received the same e-mail this afternoon from UofA (epi) and have till april 5th to accept.

I am trying to decide between UofA and UBC any advice from anyone who has experience with these schools or the program would be really appreciated.

goodluck everyone!

The April 5th deadline is just to tell them that you PLAN to accept, it's not a formal acceptance. So if for instance you had already been accepted and decided to go somewhere else, you'd tell them not to bother recommending you to FSGR.

I just got the same email from UofA for the MPH Health Promotion stream.

Anybody who has applied to U of T Health Promotion for Fall 2013 - have you heard anything/ has your status changed on the application? Or have you heard of ANYONE getting accepted or rejected yet? My status still says "Under Review" so I'm starting to worry :(

Mine is still under review as well for U of T Health Promo

Hi,

I e-mailed U of T (Health Promotion) today, asking about when the decisions would be made, as I've been accepted to U Alberta and need to respond to their offer by April 5th. This was the response:

"Your application is still being reviewed by the admissions committee.  Decisions for the social behaviroual health sciences program will likely be made in mid April - as indicated on the application website.  We thank you for your patience."

You have time for U of A. April 5th is only the deadline to tell them you're still interested in going there, not an official acceptance :)

Did anyone else just get an email from U of T regarding housing for the upcoming year? I applied to MPH Health Promo. I'm hoping this is a good sign!

yeah I just got that email. I'd hate to be a party-pooper but I feel like they just sent that email out to everyone who applied to grad studies@UT and isn't based on anything.. 

Ya I just got that email too and got really excited lol ...  Then I thought Hmmm better not get too excited as I'm assuming they sent it out to all applicants?  I hope they start sending out acceptances / rejections this week !!

Ya I just got that email too and got really excited lol ...  Then I thought Hmmm better not get too excited as I'm assuming they sent it out to all applicants?  I hope they start sending out acceptances / rejections this week !!

yup, i guess its a generic mail sent out to all the applicants.

*crossing my fingers*

Thank you for the info. I am still awaiting a decision also. Best of luck to you!