MPH CANADA FALL 2013 APPLICANTS

mazylexsymi

Hey everyone,

I'm just wondering- for those who got accepted to Queen's- did your acceptance letter also talk about the quantitative component of the program? I'm just wondering if that comment was specific to me as I haven't done stats/math since undergrad, circa 2007...and maybe the admissions committee thought they should bring that to my attention?

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

I'm just wondering- for those who got accepted to Queen's- did your acceptance letter also talk about the quantitative component of the program? I'm just wondering if that comment was specific to me as I haven't done stats/math since undergrad, circa 2007...and maybe the admissions committee thought they should bring that to my attention?

Thanks!

I did not hear back from Queen's yet, but I do know for other schools, if you do not meet the math/stat requirement they expect you to have it completed by Aug.31st. They said they would check if what you have meets the requirement. You should just call them Monday to verify :) 

I did not hear back from Queen's yet, but I do know for other schools, if you do not meet the math/stat requirement they expect you to have it completed by Aug.31st. They said they would check if what you have meets the requirement. You should just call them Monday to verify :)

Hey!

Thanks for the response. I completed the requirements during my undergrad, but it was a few years ago now. 

Queen's accepted me, but in their acceptance letter, they mentioned the quantitative nature of 2 of their courses and said to contact them with any concerns- I was just wondering if everyone who was accepted to Queen's got the same letter...

I sent an email to U of T regarding my application to the MPH Health Promotion program and this is what I heard back (today at around 5:30PM).

"Hi Carolyn,

Unfortunately our review committee is not in the position to offer you an admission offer at this time, however I can tell you that you have been placed on our waiting list. Further details will be sent out to you early next week.

My very best to you, and I'm sorry I don't have better news."

Thought some of you might be interested.. If any of you haven't heard back, might be because you are waitlisted. I don't know whether to be happy or not lol.  I guess this is definitely better than a rejection - And the only person I know personally who got into U of T Health Promotion last year, was originally wait listed... So I guess that's a good sign!

Can you tell me the e-mail id on which you mailed U of T

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

No mine didn't!

No mine didn't!

Thanks! And ha! Perhaps I should do some remedial math if I decide on Queen's. 

Also, health nuts, did you do the health promotion courses with Dr. Irwin? Your description of her 400 level course sounds very familiar! She's a great prof.

Thanks! And ha! Perhaps I should do some remedial math if I decide on Queen's. 

Also, health nuts, did you do the health promotion courses with Dr. Irwin? Your description of her 400 level course sounds very familiar! She's a great prof.

Haha you got it! Dr. Irwin is great and after taking her course I feel so prepared!

Anybody got acceptance frm SFU Health Promotion?? 

There is no Health promotion stream in SFU. They have only, Population health, Global Health, Social inequalities and Health, and Environmental and occupational health. :)

I just got accepted into University of Waterloo MPH!! The offer was made on April 5. This is the only school that I applied to, so I'm super stoked!

Good 4 U, Congratulations! 

There is no Health promotion stream in SFU. They have only, Population health, Global Health, Social inequalities and Health, and Environmental and occupational health. :)

my bad..!! was asking about population health. :ph34r:

I just got accepted into University of Waterloo MPH!! The offer was made on April 5. This is the only school that I applied to, so I'm super stoked!

gr8!! congratulations  :)

Hi Everyone,

Pretty new to this forum and was wondering if anyone can help me out with a couple burning questions:

1. I'm looking into the USask MPH program and was wondering whether there were any advantages/disadvantages between a multidisciplinary approach (USask program) vs. a specialized stream approach (e.g. UofT)
  2. In terms of career opportunities, it's obviously a very broad field but can anyone give me examples of what could be done with this degree?
  3. If you're looking to work in the states (assuming job/career prospects in Canada are low), if it absolutely essential to have an accredited MPH degree?

Any comments would be appreciated, thank you in advance!!

For those of you who received an invitation to the UTEpid/PH open house over the weekend:

When do you need to respond to UT by? Thanks :)

Response to U of T is two weeks after the date on your official letter - I haven't received the letter yet, but have gotten the email (last Monday).  The email says the letter will arrive within 3 weeks, but not sure it will take that long.

Just got rejected from SFU 12 minutes ago.  Was also rejected from UNBC:(. Still waiting on Uvic, I don't know how to feel right now. :( :( :(

Hi Cima, I'm really sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed for you about UVic!

Random question...did everyone who applied to U of T in either Epi or HP get an invite to the open house?

I believe so! I just RSVP-ed and it asked what stream I applied to/accepted and listed Epi, HP, OEH, and another that I can't recall right now..

However, I did only get the official invite via email after expressing my intent to accept U of T's offer. Hmm?

Edited by ohhellothere

any sounds from Guelph ????

Not yet, still waiting. I called the office last week and they said they have all the 1st round acceptances ready to be mailed out in 1-2 weeks