MPH CANADA FALL 2013 APPLICANTS

mazylexsymi

I was waitlisted for epi at UofT. I found out about being waitlisted after emailing them to ask about the status of my application. I didn't receive an invitation to the open house, BUT in the same response back, the person wrote " As an FYI, you should also have received e-mails from the Graduate Division about an open-house on April 19th – that too is a good opportunity to ask questions. " 

So apparently, I should have received an email, but did not!

Thanks for the info! I'm in the same boat, no email here.

I didn't receive that email regarding the open house and I'm wait listed as well. By chance did they mention to you when you should expect a response from them regarding being accepted or not ?

I was told we should find out sometime in May.

Does anyone know when Lakehead makes their decision?

P.S. got rejected from Waterloo :(

Hi I just called Lakehead and they said that they have just sent out their first round of admissions. However if you haven't got a "Declined" then you still have hope! They will be sending their second round of admissions later on this month! I'm waiting on Lakehead too !

Anyone hear anything from Usask or McGill?

I got a recommended for admission e-mail from UofS on april 5th and they said it would be forwarded to CGSR that will send the official offer 

Hi everyone!

Is anyone still waiting to here back from waterloo? any info would be much appreciated :)

I didn't get an email but checked on Quest yesterday and found that my status had changed to "admit", along with an attached acceptance letter.  You should go online and keep checking!  

I didn't get an email but checked on Quest yesterday and found that my status had changed to "admit", along with an attached acceptance letter.  You should go online and keep checking!  

Thanks for the info! congratz on getting in! ill keep checking, hopefully itll be good news

I didn't receive that email regarding the open house and I'm wait listed as well. By chance did they mention to you when you should expect a response from them regarding being accepted or not ?

No, they said it could take several more weeks. I doubt it will come in April, which is unfortunate because I have to respond to Queens offer by April 30th. Not sure what to do at all :(

Hi I just called Lakehead and they said that they have just sent out their first round of admissions. However if you haven't got a "Declined" then you still have hope! They will be sending their second round of admissions later on this month! I'm waiting on Lakehead too !

Did they mention whether they have sent out the decisions by email or post? My online status hasn't changed, it still says "completed".

Wish you get into the university... Which other schools did u apply to?

Thanks guruginni. I have applied to McGill, UoT, Waterloo, Lakehead and Memorial. Unfortunately got rejected from Waterloo  :(.

Hi! Dentist2013, docgill and those international applicants who applied to U of Sask .. My online status also shows dept recommend.. On 5 th April I received an email from department confirming my recommendation to CGSR who'll be sending the official acceptance.. Those who received acceptance.. Was it from CGSR or the email from department...?
I got my USask offer on Feb 12th and the official acceptance was from CGSR

I got my USask offer on Feb 12th and the official acceptance was from CGSR

Are you an international applicant?  When did you apply for it?

Edited by Dr.S

Did they mention whether they have sent out the decisions by email or post? My online status hasn't changed, it still says "completed".

No they didn't as long as it still says "Completed" you are still being considered. By the way I'm not an international student and I have heard from U of Sask it said "Dept Recommend" and that they will be issuing a letter of admission in the next few weeks.

I'm a little worried about Lakehead too that is my first choice...

Just got rejected from SFU 12 minutes ago.  Was also rejected from UNBC:(. Still waiting on Uvic, I don't know how to feel right now. :( :( :(

I'm so sorry to hear that Cima. Stay hopeful for UVic. They will probably get back to you by April 12th or 13th once the third round of offers starts. Bes tof luck :)

Are you an international applicant?  When did you apply for it?
Canadian applicant. Applied November. My last required document got there 1st week in Jan. it seemed like an early offer tho, so no need to worry about yours

I'm so sorry to hear that Cima. Stay hopeful for UVic. They will probably get back to you by April 12th or 13th once the third round of offers starts. Bes tof luck :)

Thanks Salam! I hope and pray I get in to Uvic, that is my last hope now.

So I've decided that SFU is going by application number. Almost everyone I know that has gotten an acceptance/rejection had put in their applications quite early. My final document was submitted on the last day it was due, so I feel like the wait for me is going to continue for a bit longer. 

Congrats to everyone who has heard happy news back from schools and good luck to those still waiting!

Is there anyone who got accepted to U of T's Health Promotion MPH that will be rejecting the offer?  I am on the wait list, and feel like most people who get into U of T are likely accepting?

So I've decided that SFU is going by application number. Almost everyone I know that has gotten an acceptance/rejection had put in their applications quite early. My final document was submitted on the last day it was due, so I feel like the wait for me is going to continue for a bit longer. 

Congrats to everyone who has heard happy news back from schools and good luck to those still waiting!

Don't think so. I applied by Jan 15th, still no word! 

seems like am the only one still waiting to hear from Uvic in this forum. I called the admission office this morning, and they said that my application is still with the department and no decision has been made yet. However, all decisions will be made in a couple of weeks. I wonder why all decisions aren't made at the same time? This wait is becoming nerve wracking. Fingers crossed on Uvic decision

Lakehead sends out their decisions by email. To both your Lakehead and personal emails.