Include desire to work with other departments / schools?

Hi all, quick qustion.

I was wondering if one should express their desire to work with faculty members in other departments within a university. Say for example, I want to apply to Anthropology but there is a great faculty member in the school of Political Science who I would want to work with. Do you think this should be mentioned? Or should you keep all the faculty you want to work with inhouse to the department?

I think it's worth mentioning. It shows that you've done research not only on the department but also on what the university as a whole has to offer you. Obviously, you don't want to go on and on about this person, but you could touch briefly (1-2 sentences) on how you might work with and/or take classes from that person.

This is something I have been wondering about for a while now. I am in a similar situation. However, someone like my master's adviser would not like this. He would consider it a waste of time if I was to do anything but research.