Post-doc vs grad student focused biomedical programs

mtlve

I am looking for an environment where the labs are mostly post-docs and the school admits very few graduate students compared to the number of labs there. I know that many people here will be looking for the opposite. Hence we should make a list of these schools. Please copy and add to the list that I am starting. I prefer it if you only add schools that you are sure about (probably spent time there).

Mostly graduate students:

Duke

Dartmouth

Mostly post-docs:

OHSU

NIH

Mostly graduate students:

Duke

Dartmouth

Mostly post-docs:

OHSU

NIH

Yale

But in my experience, this varies far more by lab than by school. And career stage of the PI- senior profs groups vary a lot, assistant profs seem to usually have more grad students

But in my experience, this varies far more by lab than by school. And career stage of the PI- senior profs groups vary a lot, assistant profs seem to usually have more grad students

This is very true, but there are some places that really have no graduate students at all so most labs are all post-docs. My PIs at both OHSU and NIH loved graduate students, but there were none around for them to take into their labs. Other places will have a few post-doc heavy labs but tons of graduate students around so most labs have lots of graduate students. Thanks for adding Yale to the list. Any other schools that people can add?

• 2 weeks later...