ASU

t_ruth

looks like the college of ed is splitting. They did away with a number of degree programs, I can't find the link to that on this computer and I'm not sure if your area was among them...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I've been accepted to the ASU Applied Linguistics PhD Program, with a very good funding package. Can anyone tell me about life in Tempe?

Is your funding for more than one year? My dept. seems to do things year by year, which makes me nervous...

for questions about Tempe, go to the city guide forum - I believe there is already a thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it seems to be year to year. I expressed my concerns to my future advisor about the budget cuts at ASU, and he seemed cool about talking it over with me, which we are doing this weekend. I know there has been a lot of reorganization within a lot of the programs there, and from what I've heard there are even more cuts coming in 2010. I hope everything works out.

I hope it works out for you! I decided to go elsewhere - a large part of my decision was having multi-year funding since I am moving my husband and children with me...

• 1 year later...

I've been accepted to the ASU Applied Linguistics PhD Program, with a very good funding package. Can anyone tell me about life in Tempe?

Hi, if you don't mind me asking: What is a very good funding package? Is it more than $13000 / year? I'm wondering how generous the Education school is in terms of funding.