Do I still have a chance ?

Julianoo75

Hello

my situation :

I have learnt on this site that someone (an American) has been called wednesday from the Institute for French Studies of NYU, and been accepted at the same Phd program as me : French Studies and History - NYU.

I haven't get any phone call or even an email yet..... ; secretary of Department only told me : "The graduate school is now mailing letters, you will have it in a few weeks".

I know it smells really bad, but do I still have a chance ????

Thanks in advance

I'm wondering the same thing -- I haven't heard anything from anywhere yet, but two people reported wait-list emails from one of my schools on the results page this week (nothing else has been reported for that program so far). I'm guessing that means I'll be receiving a generic rejection letter in a month or so, but I'd be happy to be told there's another viable interpretation... :|

There are a few schools and programs* that mail acceptances and only call those who have had previous contact with a particular professor, so I would say there is still some amount of hope!

*I have no idea if yours is one though.

I was speaking with a program director the other day and was told that they are contacting people by last name. So someone with last name W may hear back far later than someone with last name B. Especially with a grad dept manned by just a few people. So they just may whittling the pile down and will get your response out as soon as they can.

I was speaking with a program director the other day and was told that they are contacting people by last name. So someone with last name W may hear back far later than someone with last name B. Especially with a grad dept manned by just a few people. So they just may whittling the pile down and will get your response out as soon as they can.

Alphabetically for both acceptances and rejections, or just rejections?