2013 Applicant Profiles and Admission Results

InquilineKea

On 1/29/2013 at 7:58 AM, Queen of Kale said:

Let's say hypothetically that someone was adding to the results section before their morning coffee; they might have accidentally written WashU instead of UW.   :rolleyes: But yeah, interview invites going out.

You just nearly gave me a heart attack I'll have you know. I thought that I was cooked for sure.  :P

All this waiting just makes me over think and have second thoughts. I should have applied for this one and not this other one. I mostly regret not to have applied for mines. Even though I don´t have a great GPA, they have a reservoir characterization program that would be a very good fit for me. That's what happen for applying in such a hurry.

I have, but it was a phone interview with a professor who won't be making a final decision for a while (she wants to look at her options and be relatively sure a student will accept before offering). Have plans to head up there during my Spring Break, but from the way the professor made it sound, it's still early in the admissions process (she implied she was trying to get a head start). I'd sit tight, news should be coming soon. :)

I have, but it was a phone interview with a professor who won't be making a final decision for a while (she wants to look at her options and be relatively sure a student will accept before offering). Have plans to head up there during my Spring Break, but from the way the professor made it sound, it's still early in the admissions process (she implied she was trying to get a head start). I'd sit tight, news should be coming soon. :)

So you were the one who updated on the results page? Good, I was worried.. Cool. Thanks:)

I have a question for anyone who applied to CU Boulder Atmospheric and Oceanic Science. I saw in the results forum that there were both rejections and acceptances in the past few weeks. I have yet to hear anything and I was wondering if it would be acceptable to email my POI or if I should just wait it out. I am afraid that I am on some kind of waitlist. I would appreciate any insight!

I was recently accepted to a school on provisional (they need my final transcript at the end of the semester). Nothing was said about an assistantship, but the deadline for the program's applications isn't til the 15th. I'm guessing I probably won't find out about an assistantship for several weeks yet?

Hi guys, anyone heard from Stanford yet?

Nope, not yet. Another person in my department applied to the Dept of Geophysics heard rumors about people hearing back soon. I applied to the GES program and haven't heard anything :( I was going to call my potential advisor later this week. 

Nope, not yet. Another person in my department applied to the Dept of Geophysics heard rumors about people hearing back soon. I applied to the GES program and haven't heard anything :( I was going to call my potential advisor later this week. 

Good luck to you and your friends! I knew one of my schoolmates got invited by a professor of geophysics for an informal campus visit to Stanford in January. (That's a bit early isn't it? I guess they've been in contact for a long time.)

I just phoned the administrative staff at EESS program and she said the committee is still reviewing materials. I'm not sure whether this is also the case for GES, but there may be couple of weeks ahead before a decision could be made for EESS.

Good luck to you and your friends! I knew one of my schoolmates got invited by a professor of geophysics for an informal campus visit to Stanford in January. (That's a bit early isn't it? I guess they've been in contact for a long time.)

I just phoned the administrative staff at EESS program and she said the committee is still reviewing materials. I'm not sure whether this is also the case for GES, but there may be couple of weeks ahead before a decision could be made for EESS.

I think that is a bit early but still I am starting to freak out a tiny bit. I am at UMD College Park and from what I heard they just sent out acceptances to the top choices, which was a really small pool of people. The way that a lot of schools do this (well at least the PI's that I asked at schools I applied to) is they send out answers in waves. One of my potential PI's can take on 2 people but had ~11 people apply! What I assume they do is wait for their top choices to accept/decline the offer then go to the next in line.

My chances are decent but I refuse to full of lose my mind until early March.

I think that is a bit early but still I am starting to freak out a tiny bit. I am at UMD College Park and from what I heard they just sent out acceptances to the top choices, which was a really small pool of people. The way that a lot of schools do this (well at least the PI's that I asked at schools I applied to) is they send out answers in waves. One of my potential PI's can take on 2 people but had ~11 people apply! What I assume they do is wait for their top choices to accept/decline the offer then go to the next in line.

My chances are decent but I refuse to full of lose my mind until early March.

Bless you & wish you the very best of luck!

Hey DEVGRU and bariumanomaly,

Just wanted to let you know that I applied to Stanford (GES) and haven't heard anything.  :S

Like you, I'm trying to keep calm and carry on, hehe.  ... Let's stay in touch.  Let me know if you hear anything.