Question about transcripts

kiki123

I am beginning the process of sending transcripts to the grad schools that I am applying for and I have a few questions. In high school, I took a few college classes at a community college. I had the credits transferred to my current undergrad university a few years back. Most schools that I'm applying for require transcripts from all undergraduate institutions in which credit was earned. Does this mean that I have to have a transcript sent from both my current undergrad university as well as the community college? Or can I exclude a transcript from the community college?

Thanks so much for your help!

I would contact the programs to which you're applying and ask - it's a program-by-program thing. I had to supply all of my transcripts to most places, but some only required baccalaureate-level transcripts.

Some of the schools I applied to required all college-level transcripts including those from a community college, and others only required them from places where I earned a degree. Like Sareth said I would contact the graduate office if you're unsure and ask.

I did some summer classes at different universities, and I am just submitting all transcripts for everything I did, even though my credit got transferred. It means submitting 4 transcripts to every school, but it seemed like most schools wanted transcripts for even non-degree institutions.

I have been uncertain if I should send transcripts from both, as I did have the credit transferred. I do think that I will contact the schools I am applying to, however, and see what they require. It is better to be safe than sorry.

It is better to be safe than sorry.

Agreed! Even though my community college credit transferred & appeared on my baccalaureate transcript, some schools still wanted copies - and I would hate to have that keep you out of your dream school. Good luck!