American Studies- GWU

I'm waiting and have heard nothing. I emailed the department on Friday afternoon and got no reply. It's very odd. I heard (via the GWU English blog) that they're having a lot of trouble with funding for the English program and wonder if that is happening in AmStud as well.

No, nothing new for me. I broke down and emailed GWU about status so I will be sure to post if I get any news. I heard that they go on Spring break next week so I hope that we hear before then... and as for NYU- not a word, bu that seems to be typical for them.

I emailed GWU on 2/27... I've heard nothing. I broke down and emailed NYU and Stony Brook today. I will keep you posted on anything that I hear. I saw one NYU post from today of someone emailing and getting news back that way - so let's hope one of us has luck with these schools. :D

Well I received a response, sort of, from GWU grad admissions... They said that the dept is reviewing my application then stated that I could check my status online, etc. I have not heard any word from the actual dept yet though so I guess that we are in the same boat. *Sigh*

Alas, no good news for me. I will be speaking with the director to determine how my application might have been improved. I have received a couple offers from other schools, but none thus far with funding. I will be waiting to see if the last school comes through with anything, although at this late hour I am thinking it will probably just be another rejection.