Penn

juliesre

I'm at Penn, and what I hear from my contacts in the department is that application reviews started a bit late this year and the process has been somewhat hectic (I don't think they even really started until early-mid February). I wouldn't expect to hear anything else for at least another week, though I might be wrong.

They apparently also have a good number of slots to fill, so good luck to everyone waiting.

ewurgler, did they give you any information on cohort size or how high on the list you are? I'd urge you to take another offer :wink: but I don't even know if I've been rejected outright or not so it may not help me anyway.

Do you know if all 20 offers have been extended? I assume if a waitlist has been created that the department has made its offers or at least made its decision for this admissions cycle. I hate overanalyzing when I do not hear anything but others have, so I assume if offers have been made, I am either denied or waitlisted.

Yeah, I'm looking at the results page and only two people have reported hearing back. I realize that not everyone who's contacted is running straight to thegradcafe to report it, but it does seem strange that no one else has said anything. I wonder if that means that they're still going through the process of contacting people.

This is absolutely killing me. :|

OMG! I'm in too!!!!!! I still have yet to get over this wonderful shock! Penn is among my top choices and yes there is a VERY high likelihood that I will accept.

Congrats!!! I'm very happy for you!!

Now convince the other admits to decline!! :)

Congrats!!! I'm very happy for you!!

Now convince the other admits to decline!! :)

Thanks ewurgler! I think you have a pretty good chance of getting accepted off of the waitlist. Best of luck and congrats on having been accepted to two awesome programs! :D

Thanks ewurgler! I think you have a pretty good chance of getting accepted off of the waitlist. Best of luck and congrats on having been accepted to two awesome programs! :D

Thank you!!

If you visit, let me know how you like it!! If they end up letting me in at last minute, I doubt I would be able to visit in time.

• 2 weeks later...