Checking Receipt of LORs and Other Materials

mrcoolthefool

Hey everyone- I did a quick search and I couldn't find anything. I have a couple questions that hopefully someone can help me out with.

I submitted my application to a grad program (rolling admissions starting 11/1) on 11/7 and my school sent my transcript and LORs via USPS priority mail (2-3 day delivery time) on 11/8.

When would be an acceptable time to check with the grad program (Masters) to see if they received everything? A couple professors at my school both suggested that I check at the end of this week before Thanksgiving, but I feel like that is rushing things a little bit. What I don't want to happen is for them to tell me they haven't gotten/processed the materials yet, and then have to ask them AGAIN a week later.

Second question, I had a meeting with the program director over the summer and she is also in charge of admissions.

Should I contact her or the graduate assistant regarding the receipt of my materials? Both emails are listed under the application process page.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Most applications have some sort of status page with current status of materials received. Double check to make sure that doesn't exist before contacting anyone.

I think you should contact the Graduate Assistant before moving up the ranks.

You can check to see how long mail takes from your location to the school's location and factor that in to your decision. I would wait about a week before sending an email.

Edited by radiomars

Agreed. First, check the status online. If anything is missing that shouldn't be, contact them today or Monday. Honestly, I had a hellish time with this. One school KEPT losing my stuff. Forget email. Call. If something is presumed missing, I want to be on the other end of the phone while he/she is looking for it. But, start with the grad assistant/secretary.