Is 810 a good score for the computer science GRE?

yaey

In their admissions FAQ Stanford CS says "While there is no minimum requirement for GRE scores, a strong application would include percentiles in the high 90s for the Ph.D. program and scores in the 90th percentile for the MS program."

810 translates into 84th percentile.

That being said, 84th percentile is quite good, particularly on a 'small' test such as the GRE CS. It may not kill your chances even at a place like Stanford if the rest of your application is good enough (as quant_liz_lemon has already pointed out, the GRE alone won't get you anywhere to begin with...)

For some slightly less competitive programmes, 84th percentile might even help your chances.

• 1 month later...

In their admissions FAQ Stanford CS says "While there is no minimum requirement for GRE scores, a strong application would include percentiles in the high 90s for the Ph.D. program and scores in the 90th percentile for the MS program."

I'm about 99% sure that quote refers to the General GRE scores, not the Subject GREs. Judging from various posts on this forum, I think 84th percentile is actually considered very good. I reported my own score of 74th percentile even though it was optional.