More HESA programs like UVM?

Eternal Icicle

I am planning to apply for a masters in Higher Education Administration/Student Affairs in the next couple years, and I'm looking for suggestions of schools to further look into.

At the moment, University of Vermont is one of my top choices. I love the small cohort size, the emphasis on practice-based learning, the slant towards social justice, and the very generous funding. There's something about the student-centered ethos that really grabs me.

But, with such a small cohort and such generous funding, I know a spot in their program is much sought after.

Does anyone have recommendations for schools and programs similar to UVM? (small, funded masters, practice-based) I'm not necessarily looking for less competitive schools, but rather more fishing holes to cast my line into.

• 4 weeks later...

University of Connecticut's HESA program might interest you--I know they have very good funding (similar to Vermont's) and are a very good program. I don't know how big their cohorts are, but I imagine they aren't huge.

I'm currently in my first year at Indiana State University's SAHE program and it fits everything you're describing. There are 12 people in my cohort, making us one of the smallest I've seen. We're required to complete three practicum experiences throughout our 2 years in the program. The assistantships pay for almost all costs. And there's definitely the opportunity to get the social justice focus. Feel free to message me if you have specific questions :)