SDSU MSW

Texasgrad5911

Good Morning,

I have not been accepted but I went to their info session back in August. They don’t have rolling admissions per se. Admission responses won’t be sent out until after the 30th (because of the budget restrictions and the Prop 30 and 33 responses). They make admission decisions based on a tiered rating system. They have three tiers and they place applicants in the tiers as they review them. I'm not exactly sure when they begin to notify people of acceptance or rejection. They also said that you only need a 3.0 to apply, but anything above a 3.5 is very competitive and as long as you have a 4 on the AW section of the GRE your safe. GPA is 40% of the admissions process and they look favorably at experience with diverse populations.

I know you asked for information from somebody who got in, but SDSU was my number one school until a few months ago and I did a lot of research and went to alot of information sessions to make myself familiar with the process.

• 3 months later...

Give it back? I hadnt officially hit 'submit' yet, and called them and told them I was no longer interested in applying.

When do you have to submit to SDSU by? I'm wondering if there will be a waitlist in case people decide not to accept the offer.

Their deadline to apply was January 15th. People who are admitted have ten says to accept or decline. Is that what you wanted to know? I declined a month ago

I was told at an information session that if you applied by February 1st, you would hear by March 1st...  Getting impatient, I called yesterday and they said that we are supposed to hear by April 1st.  I hope that's the case... only one more week of anxiously waiting....

Edited by sdsuanxiousapplicant13

I was put on the wailtlist for SDSU yesterday (recieved an email).  If anyone was admitted and has decided they will not attend SDSU, please let them know!  This was the only program I applied to and I would love for a spot to become available. Anyone else get any news??