Test dates in Dec? Need to cancel 11/28 test

suedonim

Lats minute need ot cancel my test on this Wed 11/28.

A few days ago Prometric showed a bunch of Dec test dates still available, now the only date shown in 2 major metro areas and surrounding areas--incl Chicago--is Dec 31. They listed Dec 6 as of last Wed.

Anyone know abotu this? I'm assuming they're updating their system and aren't showing what's available.

I have to forfeit my payment and pay again--which I fine, but I need to reschedule.

Anyone know anything?

I had to reschedule on 11/24. In the early afternoon, there were two spots in December. Hours later, the next available spot withing a 150 mile radius was late late January. Luckly I acted in time to not get completely screwed over. I assume it's people who decide to retake it immediately after they saw their unofficial scores. You better bid for you spot NOW.

Edited by child of 2

I had to reschedule on 11/24. In the early afternoon, there were two spots in December. Hours later, the next available spot withing a 150 mile radius was late late January. Luckly I acted in time to not get completely screwed over. I assume it's people who decide to retake it immediately after they saw their unofficial scores. You better bid for you spot NOW.

Thanks.

Did you look into wait-lists if anyone cancelled or that sort of thing?

For anyone in this situation or thinking about cancelling and still rescheduling, here's what happend.

1. Since I was registered for 11/28, ETS wouldn't show me any other test dates before 30 days after that. You can't take it/register twice in less than a 30 day period.

2. I created a fake GRE identity to see if there were other local avail. test dates, which were shown to the fake ID since it hadn't registered yet. There were many dates available throughout Dec still. I didn't register for any of course with my fake identity.

3. I cancelled my 11/28 test date. The system then showed my real identity all available test dates.

4. I scheduled a new test about a week later with my real identity.

Had to eat the cost, no refund, and had to pay full price for the new test date--don't care, that's trivial.

The key was figuring out that they wouldn't show me any test dates within 30 days of my already scheduled test date, finding them though the fake identity, and then knowing I was safe cancelling my alreay registered date.

Good to go now.