2013 Applicant Profiles and Admission Results

MicroB2012

I am an International applicant.

Bachelor of Veterinary Science (DVM equivalent), reputed university INDIA - 73%

MS (parasitology) - University of Georgia - 3.6 (As of now)

GRE- V-480 53%

Q- 700 64%

A- 3.5

Research experience- Now a Graduate Research Assistant at University of Georgia- 2 second author paper (Under review)..1 first author paper (under preparation), 2 oral and 3 poster presentations at national and regional conferences.

LOR _ might be good ones

Applying to - Vanderbilt, Pittsburgh, UNC, Cornell, Wake forest, UGA, Northwestern, WashU, NYU-Sackler (Biomedical Sciences), Rice, UGA (Cell biology), UGA (Infetious diseases), UCSD, UT Austin (biology), U Iowa (Immunology)

Heard nothing yet. Very tensed because of the mediocre test scores.

Are you sure it's this friday? Do they send out the offers in one wave?

The small amount of reviews on the results page, which I have been studying tirelessly for the past couple of weeks for all of my programs, shows that for the past three years, a lot of Sloan invites have gone out on December 21. There is one person on the results page that says that they heard on January 7. They could do it before or after this year, but just following the trend.

Undergrad Institution: big public school, not ranked well

Major(s): Biochemistry

GPA in Major: 3.3

Overall GPA: 3.4

Position in Class: no idea

Type of Student: female

GRE Scores (revised/old version):

Q: 161 (83%)

V: 156 (69%)

W: 4.5 (49%)

Research Experience: about 3 years in a molecular genetics lab at my university, 1 year in clinical immunology lab at a different university, one summer in a neuro lab at an ivy

Awards/Honors/Recognitions: dean's list 2 semesters, university research fellowship, university merit scholarship, a couple of semi-competitive travel grants for a conference

Pertinent Activities or Jobs: tutored math and chemistry in university tutoring center

Any Miscellaneous Accomplishments that Might Help: gave 1 talk at university symposium, 1 poster at international conference, 3 posters at university poster sessions, 1 co-authored paper recently submitted for review to mediocre journal...Realizing that I have no real programming experience I made sure to make the point that I am a huge computer nerd and know a decent amount of coding, not sure if it'll help

Applying to Where: UCSF - iPQB Bioinformatics, UW Genome Sciences, WUStL Computational/Systems Biology, NYU Genomics and Systems Biology, UChicago Genetics, Genomics, and Systems Biology, UPenn Genomics and Computational Biology, UMass Worcester Bioinformatics and Computational Biology

Haven't actually submitted these but I will be in the next week: UCSD Bioinformatics and Systems Bio, Baylor Med Molecular and Human Genetics, Mount Sinai Med Genetic and Genomic Sciences

So far, I have an interview from UPenn which I got an email about on the 12th (so excited!) and no rejections yet but I feel them coming this week

Just got an interview with UChicago Molecular Biosciences! It's my first response of any kind (most of my apps are due Jan 1, so I'm not quite finished with everything yet), and I'm really excited.

Congrats! It came just now? I didn't realize schools sent things out so late in the day!

I believe the majority of schools will be closing on Friday, as I've received a couple of emails that say so. I think that we can expect mail up until Friday.

Thank you !!!

Columbia Integrated Program in Cellular Molecular Biomedical Studies sent me an interview invite via email today for Jan 18-20! :)

I am quite new to this system and am also applying to the Integrated program at Columbia. Do you think that's it with interviews or they'll be sending some more out?

According to their facebook page the IBMG program at the Indiana University Medical School already sent out some status updates and will be sending out another 50 by the end of this week. Anyone heard anything yet?

I am quite new to this system and am also applying to the Integrated program at Columbia. Do you think that's it with interviews or they'll be sending some more out?

Same question lol! looks like a couple of us are applying there! Congrats Biotechstudent! :)