2013 Applicant Profiles and Admission Results

MicroB2012

Johns Hopkins program in molecular biophysics. All of my mentors were affiliated with Hopkins in some way. I feel like we are a family and I am a legacy! Lol

Double LOL!!  :lol:

Good luck everyone!! See u around in the hospital... :rolleyes:

Haha, flat_rhino! I would be dead drunk at the end of the day :-D. I hope that the two of us will hear back from UW-Madison soon but according to the results page they were also pretty late last year. 

I'd just be dead.

@bamafan...congrats on ur victory last night...i'm a die hard irish fan (tattoo and all) and i'm pretty down in the dumps today...hopefully some emails start coming in and cheer me up!!

Ah, sorry to hear that. If it's any consolation, people hate Alabama a lot more now. Good luck with your applications, hope you get some good news soon.

Ah, sorry to hear that. If it's any consolation, people hate Alabama a lot more now. Good luck with your applications, hope you get some good news soon.

Lol...I never really hated Alabama, they were my opponent in the first national championship game in 25 years tho so of course I didn't like them for a while...they deserved that win though, they played like an NFL team and ND played like a high school team...oh well...good luck with your apps as well!!

Congratulations, I got my UG degree in that particular BE department. It's a very forward thinking program and depending on what you want to do, some of the professors are just outstanding. I'm fairly close with a number of the faculty there so if you, or anyone else, have any questions, I can try to answer them to give recommendations to fit your interests.

Thanks! Yeah, the department does seem very forward-thinking, and I'm definitely looking forward to my visit. I don't have questions yet, but I'm sure I will as the visit gets closer. 

@banksy, @flat_rhino

I'm going to be at northwestern ibis feb 11/12!

On 1/8/2013 at 2:17 PM, Gina said:

They'll regret not interviewing us! ;)

Yes, yes they will. Also, I totally lol'd at this line in UWashington's email "Unfortunately, the committee has decided not to recommend your admission and I concur with this decision." << thank you, sir, for approving the message.

We should make a drinking game out of this. A shot for every refresh of the e-mail, check of the phone, or reload of this page :P

I'd be SO dead right now if I were playing this game... I have no tolerance whatsoever! I try to avoid drinking when I can for that reason... ha ha.

I'd be SO dead right now if I were playing this game... I have no tolerance whatsoever! I try to avoid drinking when I can for that reason... ha ha.

Gonna have to get that tolerance up for those interviews!

Just got an email from Illinois MCB telling me...that my application is now complete, and they'll be reviewing them in the next few weeks. Way to toy with my nerves, Illinois.

Seriously, the farther into January we get, the more of a basket case I become.

I need to hear something soon, I'm going nuts...I have an interview with Drexel on January 17th but that's all I've heard so far.  Has anyone here heard from Penn CAMB, or Einstein since the schools have reopened?  I know a few geniuses heard before the break but I'm wondering if anyone else has heard?

Yes, yes they will. Also, I totally lol'd at this line in UWash's email "Unfortunately, the committee has decided not to recommend your admission and I concur with this decision." << thank you, sir, for approving the message.

Yeah, I got the same line and it made me feel personally deflated, heh. It sounds like congress and the president trying to pass legislation.

Gonna have to get that tolerance up for those interviews!

I'll try not to be bombed during interview! I've thrown up in front of my PI... I don't think I can be much more embarrassed. Though he said it was okay and that he's done the same thing while he was on faculty at NC State.

I'll try not to be bombed during interview! I've thrown up in front of my PI... I don't think I can be much more embarrassed. Though he said it was okay and that he's done the same thing while he was on faculty at NC State.

You should get high and go to interview.

Has anyone heard from University of Florida, yet? Did anyone else apply there? Not many posts in the results history, and I know they have interviews at the end of this month. It was one of my favorites...

Edited by biotechie