2013 Applicant Profiles and Admission Results

MicroB2012

@Jubliee - which program at Columbia did you get interview call from?? which program at Princeton is still considering applications?? thanks

From Columbia, I received an e-mail response from the Genetics and Development track of the Program of Basic Cell and Molecular Biology. The Princeton program I'm waiting on is Molecular Biology.

CSHL Watson School interview offer!  The dates are Jan 30-Feb 3.  Already a bunch of conflicts during that weekend (UCSF Tetrad/UCBerkeley MCB, Harvard MCB, CSHL).

Congrats!!! I haven't heard anything which I guess means i'm gonna get a rejection, aw well.

Congrats on your interview invites, everyone. I'm still sitting here waiting... (I think Northwestern IBiS is a lost cause at this point).

Chin up! You never know :) Did you apply for IPiB? I'm super nervous... UW-Madison has been so mum except for microbiology just today.

Edited by flat_rhino

Has anyone heard from UT Southwestern? I submitted my application for Division of Basic Sciences PhD right before the priority deadline (Dec 15) and I have not heard a peep. It's my dream program and I'm kind of freaking out just a little.

I'm trying to stay positive. I applied to CMB. According to email I got, I'll hear something regarding their admissions decision by the end of January, but they did receive over 400 applicants to the program. That's quite daunting to hear, haha.

Edited by Biohopeful

Does anyone know whether UCSF BMS sent out all the interview invitations yet? A batch of invitations had sent out about mid Dec based on stats reported here, but I did not hear anything yet, and my POI did not reply my email as well. Bad news is coming......

Looks like somebody got an interview from UMassMed Worcester BBS. It doesn't say if the person is American or international, though. If you are lurking around here, could you please share your stats?

Has anyone heard from UT Southwestern? I submitted my application for Division of Basic Sciences PhD right before the priority deadline (Dec 15) and I have not heard a peep. It's my dream program and I'm kind of freaking out just a little.

I've also applied for this one, the same program. I didn't hear from them either. Only received an email about log in credentials into their system, to check my status of the application.

I'm trying to stay positive. I applied to CMB. According to email I got, I'll hear something regarding their admissions decision by the end of January, but they did receive over 400 applicants to the program. That's quite daunting to hear, haha.

There's only one other person on here who's posted that they got an interview at UTSW... I can't recall the name, but it was all the way back on December 17 :C The interview dates they posted were next weekend and in March. I was told that last year UT Southwestern got 1200 applications, interviewed 200, and the entering class was a whopping 62 students. I know my odds aren't good, but I just want to hear SOMETHING.

Edited by MizMilli

There's only one other person on here who's posted that they got an interview at UTSW... I can't recall the name, but it was all the way back on December 17 :C The interview dates they posted were next weekend and in March. I was told that UT Southwestern got 1200 applications, interviewed 200, and the entering class was a whopping 62 students. I know my odds aren't good, but I just want to hear SOMETHING.

I received an invitation on December 17th via the Genetics and Development track. I could have sworn that there have been some other, more recent invites, but I'm not sure.

I received an invitation on December 17th via the Genetics and Development track. I could have sworn that there have been some other, more recent invites, but I'm not sure.

You are so lucky! Are they your first choice? Have you posted your stats?

Edited by MizMilli

Looks like somebody got an interview from UMassMed Worcester BBS. It doesn't say if the person is American or international, though. If you are lurking around here, could you please share your stats?

Wasn't me who posted on the results page but I did get an interview invite today to BBS - my stats are on pg 6

UT austin just came through --- only one interview date??? They be Crazy!!!

I just got this too :D but have the same problem, already have another on 2/14. Do you think they have a second date maybe, and only offer one of them?

UT austin just came through --- only one interview date??? They be Crazy!!!

I just got this too :D but have the same problem, already have another on 2/14. Do you think they have a second date maybe, and only offer one of them?

see post above, i'm not good at this quoting thing :P

Wasn't me who posted on the results page but I did get an interview invite today to BBS - my stats are on pg 6

Congrats, impatient7! I hope to hear back soon as well. Since I am an international applicant, I was mostly wondering whether the person who posted on the results page was domestic or international. I guess for most programs, we international will hear back later compared to you guys...At least I didn't get any rejections so far!

Edited by chemaholic

Congrats, impatient7! I hope to hear back soon as well. Since I am an international applicant, I was mostly wondering whether the person who posted on the results page was domestic or international. I guess for most programs, we international will hear back later compared to you guys...At least I didn't get any rejections so far!

Thanks! I noticed results from last year showed an international applicant getting an invite on Feb 10th for UMassMed, so definitely still hope! good luck!

Hi everyone I am applying to Immunology PhD Programs....

Concerned about my cali schools.....

When does notice from Stanford come out?

Applied:(9) U Penn, Harvard, Stanford, UCSF, Tufts, BU, Georgetown, U of Chicago, Johns Hopkins Univ.

Interview (4/9) U Penn, Tufts, U of Chicago, JHU 

Rejected (0):

Accepted:

Rejected from UCB today, but got an invite from CSHL Watson school. Very excited, but the interview dates conflict with already scheduled interviews. Not sure what I'm going to do yet. Congrats to everyone getting interviews! :)