Books about grad school?

Margit

Hi,

For anyone interested in reading an account of grad school, I've written about eccentric professors, the pressures of getting a dissertation written, demanding undergrads, awkward dates, and other everyday challenges of grad school life. My goal was to capture some of the isolation of grad school along with the funnier moments. The eBook is called Hannelore Takes Note.

I'm also interested in hearing which books about grad school other people found most entertaining, so I can add them to my must-read list. I would start the list with Lucky Jim.

Thanks,

Margit

The goodreads list seems like a good starting point. I wonder whether the people voting on the list went to grad school, or whether they picked books that fit their idea of what grad school must be like -- lots of absent-minded professors and quaint ivy leagues scenes. :)

Stephenson's book looks like it's about undergrad years but got lots of reviews saying it was entertaining.

No doubt a good investment, but it looks like the book mainly offers advice about going to, and getting through, grad school. I was more interested in works of fiction/humor.