rescinding offers of admission

sheaisawesome

Do grad schools rescind offers of admission? I called one of my programs about something and they informed me a new letter is being sent out. That kind of makes me nervous!!! I checked my online status and it still says offered admission but who knows!!

I've read in another forum about an applicant sharing his/her stats and some person (with malicious intent?) calling up the school impersonating him/her. I find the thought that someone will do this to be one-up against the competitor very disturbing. Of course, it's even more scary if a jealous individual tries to get you "rejected" in between your unofficial acceptance and the formal offer. SCARY!

I've read in another forum about an applicant sharing his/her stats and some person (with malicious intent?) calling up the school impersonating him/her. I find the thought that someone will do this to be one-up against the competitor very disturbing. Of course, it's even more scary if a jealous individual tries to get you "rejected" in between your unofficial acceptance and the formal offer. SCARY!

thats scary, but i'll admit to having similar thoughts about somebody doing that to me because they hacked my email account or something.

Good GOD :o --that is a grisly story, that is like a campfire horror story. But do you think it's an urban legend? It kind of has that flavor of seeming a bit urban legend-esque.

I wouldn't have to worry about that kind of back-stabbing thing happening to me, at least; with the quality of my stats, I don't think anyone would have any reason to do that to me *shrug*....

Um, hello? Ad com? Yes, I am the personal assistant of shea--isawesome *cough* *cough* *mumble* ummm, yes, she'd like to decline that acceptance...oh, the last name, umm, well, who's accepted? Let's say, around yesterday? Aw well, pick any of those guys, they decline -- bye!