Should I submit my Biology GRE Scores? Help!

biotechstudent

I need some advice on sending my biology gre scores.

I am a Biotechnology major, so most of my classes emphasize molecular biology, genetics, and cell biology.

I took the biology gre test and I got a 68% overall.

My break down was: Molecular Cell Biology: 89%

Organismal Biology: 57%

Ecology and Evolution:44%

I knew I should have taken the biochem exam! I've never taken a class on evolution/ecology which is why I scored so low.

Most of the schools I am applying to "highly recommend" sending in subject test scores.

I am applying to mostly molecular cell biology/biomedical programs. Should I submit my scores? I'm really worried that my scores will hurt me...but I did pretty well in molecular biology which I feel matters most. I'd really appreciate the advice!! Thanks!

Depends on the schools you are applying to... If they need subject GREs some mention their averages in the websites. 

If you are applying for Biotech, your high score in Mol. Cell. Bio. is a plus point, because I'm a Biotech major myself, and haven't come across anything related to Organismal or Ecol/Evol Biology... I would have submitted the scores if I were you. 

I wonder why you opted for Bio GRE subject instead of Biochem GRE subject... But it's all good :) 

I actually posted a similar question just the other day, only I had gotten a 45% on organismal biology and had the exact same thoughts as you. For programs that require/recommend the subject, failure to send one is basically an incomplete app. For the others, I'd consider sending it anyway depending on what you're applying for. Most MCB programs will look favorably on that section and probably put little or no weight on the others. 

What is your overall score? At most top programs, the average score is 720-750 so use that as your litmus test. 

Thanks guys! I actually ended up sending in my scores because almost all the programs I applied to strongly recommend it. Overall I got a 720. I have two interviews so far so I guess they didn't care about the other sections as much.