Women's Studies (WGS)- 2013 Applications, Offers, Discussion

wmnshlthsoc

Univ of Maryland College Park

Automated email saying to check status on the website. But the link wouldn't work and neither would logging on the normal way. So I don't know what it says. Though I'm positive it's a rejection based on my previous conversation with the DGS. Anyone get good news from UMD?

Univ of Maryland College Park

Automated email saying to check status on the website. But the link wouldn't work and neither would logging on the normal way. So I don't know what it says. Though I'm positive it's a rejection based on my previous conversation with the DGS. Anyone get good news from UMD?

I'm having the same issue. I'm really anxious to check it, although I highly doubt I was accepted.

Rejected from Michigan's Gender Studies/History Dual PhD, but I'm waitlisted for the History department.  Until I hear something from the waitlist, I'm assuming I'm moving to LA next year. :)  Good luck to everyone else!

Rejected from Michigan's Gender Studies/History Dual PhD, but I'm waitlisted for the History department.  Until I hear something from the waitlist, I'm assuming I'm moving to LA next year. :)  Good luck to everyone else!

LA sounds pretty good to me lol Much warmer than Michigan!

Rejected, Emory. Even after recruitment weekend.

Rutgers is my last hope.

I'm sorry to hear that :-(  Hopefully Rutgers will be notifying people soon.

Same here. I'm disappointed, but not devastated. I'll try again after I get my MA if I don't get into Rutgers (doubt it).

Re: UMD

They said the system was down yesterday but we should be able to check now. I checked, rejected!

I'm sorry for your bad news, even if it was expected it still hurts!

I got news last week that I was moved from the waiting list to acceptance with funding at University of Kansas in Lawrence. No details on funding. I am feeling really anxious about funding. I am supposedly accepted to these programs that fund all their students, but I haven't gotten anything concrete about funding from any of them. I'll be going to UCSB for a campus visit day after tomorrow. Hopefully they will have some funding answers for me then.

Edited by Sijae

Sijae, Congratulations!

Wmnshlthsoc- I was rejected from Rutgers last night, so it's quite possible that you were accepted!

Oh well, I've been accepted into a good MA program with a possible teaching assistantship, and am waiting to hear from two more MA programs. When I try for Emory, Maryland (again), and Rutgers (again) in 2 years, hopefully I'll have a more impressive CV.

Wmnshlthsoc- I was rejected from Rutgers last night, so it's quite possible that you were accepted!

Oh well, I've been accepted into a good MA program with a possible teaching assistantship, and am waiting to hear from two more MA programs. When I try for Emory, Maryland (again), and Rutgers (again) in 2 years, hopefully I'll have a more impressive CV.

Good luck in your MA program (should make the PhD process easier in a couple years)!!!!! Congrats!

Has anyone applied to the joint Women's Studies M.A./Sociology Ph.D. program at SUNY-Albany?

I considered it, as my BS is in Sociology/Social Stratification, but no. It looks like a good program, though.

I was just officially rejected from Indiana University Bloomington. I was really hoping for a waitlist. I didn't think I would be one of those people who feels a need for more than one acceptance.. but I guess I am. I also really liked the fit of some of the faculty at IUB.

Congrats! Me too! Excited to meet others who are accepted and considering the program :)

kmh2490, have you received a funding letter from ASU yet?

Hi all - Has anyone been admitted to Rutgers? I am on the wait list and was just wondering if anyone could speak out (or PM me) about their status...

Does anyone know the likelihood of being admitted to Rtugers from the waitlist based on previous years? The grad director told me I had a "pretty good chance," but it is so unsettling being in this position..

Thanks in advance.

Hi all - Has anyone been admitted to Rutgers? I am on the wait list and was just wondering if anyone could speak out (or PM me) about their status...

Does anyone know the likelihood of being admitted to Rtugers from the waitlist based on previous years? The grad director told me I had a "pretty good chance," but it is so unsettling being in this position..

Thanks in advance.

I, and several other people here were all rejected from Rutgers so I guess that increases your chances :-)  

Hey y'all, I'm new to this forum and I had a question/point of discussion. I applied to English PhD programs this year, but I'm hoping to have a major emphasis in gender studies (queer theory specifically). I originally wanted to apply to some straight WGS PhD programs (as opposed to English programs with a WGS emphasis) but my professors advised against it. Essentially, they argued that a straight-up WGS degree wasn't very marketable. I'm obviously not trying to criticize anyone or anyone's choices, but I'm curious what everyone's thoughts are on this--are these comments pretty standard to what others have heard?

Also, congratulations to everyone! It looks like there's been a lot of success on this thread!

Hi everyone! I just discovered this forum and really need an outlet to express my anxieties...

I have not yet heard from University of Wisconsin-Madison's Gender & Women's Studies masters program. The application deadline was January 15, and I have heard back from every other school to which I have applied. I recently called up the program (the number that was listed on their website) and got somebody's voicemail. I left a message asking about the status of my application and never heard back. At this point, I am starting to assume I have been rejected at this point...but I am just curious to know if anyone else has heard back from this program yet...