How long b/w interview and decision?

psycherfun

Does anyone know how long it generally takes schools to contact students after the interview process? In my particular case, I interviewed with a program about two weeks ago (the number of interviewers was only a little more than the number of available spots), and have yet to hear from them. Is this unusual? Thanks.

My impression is that they want to decide asap, so it may take only a week for them to meet and vote. The only problem is that they may have two groups of people interviewing. So if you were int he earlier group you may have to wait another few weeks for them to interview the later group.

Since you've already interviewed, you should have personal contacts at the department. It's acceptable to email them, express your interest, and ask about approximate decision dates.

Can't speak generally, but I think it doesn't take too long. In my case my interiew was from Thursday to Sunday and they called two days later on Tuesday :)

Good luck to you!