LSE MA Int Rel. Waiting List 2009

123ber

Hi everyone

I applied for the MA in International Relations at the London School of Economics. Sadly, I wasn't admitted, but received a statement that I was placed on the waiting list. I'd like to know whether any of you have the same experience. Does anyone know what the chances are of actually being admitted? Is there a rule of thumb, that, let' say 40% of those on the waiting list are eventually admitted? To what extend does my 2nd choice count? Is there anything I can do at this stage?

As you can imagine, this is not a comfortable position to be in, hence any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Hi mrynka18,

thanks for your reply. Sadly the London School of Economics does not rank people on the waiting list. Apparently they will wait for the results of my second choice and then there's a chance they will look at my application again regarding my first choice.

If anyone can offer advise on what to expect in the coming weeks, it would be highly appreciated!

Cheers

The only other information I can offer you is that one person I know only found out in later June she had been accepted, and another friend has been denied her first choice in early February, and is still waiting on her 2nd choice. Though, I understand this doesn't really pertain to you except that it might take some time for a decision to be made. Good luck to you! (I found out today I was accepted).