Making a video interview of myself

Miskina

Today I received a standard email from the admissions assistant of a program I'm applying to, saying I have 5 days to make a video interview of myself and upload it. It's taking me by surprise, because I initially thought the admissions committee would (directly) interview me only after having reviewed my application. But it turns out to be a requirement.

Anyway I'm freaking out because it's the very first time I have to speak to a computer (well, except for the TOEFL). Has anyone here ever experienced that? Do you have any advice?

Just so you know, it's for the Cornell School of Public Affairs.

Thanks!

I've never heard of a request for a video statement before! The positive side is that you can do it as many times as you need if you make mistakes, and upload the one that is the strongest. 

What I would do is to ask a good friend (whom I feel comfortable with) to stand behind the video recorder and ask the questions, so I could speak naturally to a real person. Just make sure to be professional and clear. Good luck.