Texas A&M : PhD

Minnesota : PhD

UMass : PhD

Rutgers : MS
ASU : MS

Gatech : PhD

TU Eindhoven : MS

RPI : MS

Haven't yet heard from any of the universities yet excepting the mails regarding the completion of application. Most of  my applications were done just before the deadlines. Am extremely scared by now! Can anyone tell me by when I can expect any decision?

Well disregard my reply to your original thread... Turns out you've already found this one!

Scroll through the thread, checking to see when others heard their decisions from schools that you also applied to. That's the only advice I can offer -_-

Hey Dstory,

Vanderbilt visiting weekends were this weekend for prospectives, so at the very least it doesn't look great. That said, they do have a somewhat fluid acceptance process; someone told me that last year they applied and interviewed in May to get in the September of the same year. Depends on if they have left over funding or not after seeing who wants to attend I imagine.

Uiowk573, thanks for the info!

Were you one of the prospectives? Where else did you apply/get admitted?

I've all but decided to simply focus on my two acceptances and quit worrying about the others.

Another update: Rejection from CU Boulder

I really thought I would get into this program because it really fits with the research I have been doing, and I have even analyzed samples for my research from some of their groups. I think it's considered less 'prestigious' than other schools I have gotten into as well. I guess it's impossible to predict where you get into.

Applied to:

Minnesota [Waiting]

Wisconsin [Rejected 2/11]

U Michigan [Accepted 1/30 w/ aid]

UCLA [Accepted 1/30 w/aid]

UC Davis [Waiting]

Northwestern [Waiting]

University of Colorado [Rejected 2/26]

About me:

Colorado State University, 3.8 GPA, 3 summer internships at LANL, 1 year chemical lab research experience (no papers), vice president Tau Beta Pi on campus, GRE: 164Q, 156V, 4.0W

Hey DStory,

That seems smart; of course chilling is easier said than done, but the admissions board will get to you when they get to you, and you already seem to have some great offers lined up.

I was indeed a prospective for Vandy. Let's see... regarding ChemE I got rejected from Princeton and UPenn. Vanderbilt's my only acceptance so far, although I just got an interview at UMass's PSE program yesterday. Other schools I've applied to are... JHU, WashU, Yale and Columbia. And then the rest are Mat Sci programs I think.

As Dugmel said, Yale generally contacts the students they're interested in by the end of January, so I think we're both out for that one.

Speaking of which, anyone know anything about Columbia's ChemE time table?

Oh, also U Mich (assuming you meant U mich and not MSU) has a big ass program and is known to give out acceptances up until maybe mid march until they run out of spots. MSU also gives out alot of offers around then. Some of the other larger departments might be the same way. So if one of those was your dream school I wouldn't give up hope quite yet. 

Update: wait listed at University of Washington. The email I received:

Our faculty has concluded their review of applications and all first-round offer letters have been sent out. This year was incredibly competitive having received nearly 300 applications for 11 slots. You are currently on our first tier waitlist however (within the top 20 of 40 waitlisted). We will notify you in April to extend an offer if enough positions become available. If in the meantime you would like to withdraw your application please let us know, otherwise you will remain on the waitlist until either a position opens up for you or all slots are filled, at which time we will notify you either way.

Thank you for your patience and interest in the Chemical Engineering Program at the University of Washington.

Well I was wrong, apparently. Accepted to Columbia today. Too bad that department has little money though. Kinda weird since Columbia has excellent departments in so many other fields including chemistry.

I'm also unofficially wait-listed at UPenn and my application is apparently still being considered at UDel. Guess I have to wait a little more before I hear back from every school.

I'm keeping my options open and will evaluate each program as I visit it. It feels pretty good to have this many options though. :)

Carnegie Mellon - Accepted

Johns Hopkins - Accepted

Georgia Tech - Accepted

Rutgers - Accepted

Columbia - Accepted

UPenn - Wait-listed

U Delaware - Waiting

MIT - Rejected

Princeton - Rejected

Yale - Rejected

Well I was wrong, apparently. Accepted to Columbia today. Too bad that department has little money though. Kinda weird since Columbia has excellent departments in so many other fields including chemistry.

I'm also unofficially wait-listed at UPenn and my application is apparently still being considered at UDel. Guess I have to wait a little more before I hear back from every school.

I'm keeping my options open and will evaluate each program as I visit it. It feels pretty good to have this many options though. :)

Carnegie Mellon - Accepted

Johns Hopkins - Accepted

Georgia Tech - Accepted

Rutgers - Accepted

Columbia - Accepted

UPenn - Wait-listed

U Delaware - Waiting

MIT - Rejected

Princeton - Rejected

Yale - Rejected

How did you hear about wait list at UPenn? I haven't heard anything so I was just assuming I was on the wait list...

Chris: http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=delaware+chemical

They've been accepting people since December, and rejected someone as recently as yesterday...

Probably a good idea to be exploring the other options :/ 

I too was left in the lurch by some programs, hearing neither yay nor nay. Well wishes for your future endeavors

I have officially received only two rejections: WashU and UC Berkeley

One official offer: Iowa State University

Three official waitlists: University of Minnesota, Purdue, University of Michigan

No news from University of Delaware and UC Davis.

However, I heard that Delaware did sent rejections. Am I on a waitlist??? It is so strange.

Anyway, I got offer from Iowa State University. And I hope that UMN will accept me

Note: Please, those who were accepted to UMN but do not want to attend, inform them asap. Thanks :rolleyes:

Another update: Accepted at Davis and wait listed at U Minn

Applied to:

Minnesota [Waitlisted 3/11]

UC Davis [Accepted 2/28 w/aid]

Northwestern [Waiting]

About me:

Colorado State University, 3.8 GPA, 3 summer internships at LANL, 1 year chemical lab research experience (no papers), vice president Tau Beta Pi on campus, GRE: 164Q, 156V, 4.0W

Applied to:

Northwestern [Waiting]

About me:

Which one do you prefer?

Applied to:

Northwestern [Waiting]

About me:

You're gonna have one tough decision to make. Good Luck!

A little more info for anyone interested. Applied/accepted/rejected in signature.

Australian chemical engineering and chemistry dual bachelors degree student. 2 semesters abroad at University of Illinois - 3.3GPA.

So,

I've only heard back from 1/2 the schools I applied to and I'm giving the other half up for lost. I'm basically deciding between Purdue and UConn.

Other than location (Conn is prettier and closer to my sig. other of 5 years) I'm begining to wonder if the only reason they are still on my mind is the fact they are offering me a fellowship.

From other Chem-E's out there, do you think it is worth me considering UConn+Fellowship over Purdue? There are interesting professors at both schools. And I think I am nervous to move so far away from my family/sigO.

Which one do you prefer?

I'm leaning towards Michigan. When I visited their department, the faculty seemed very down to earth as well as having really great research and funding. I didn't get to spend as much time with the faculty at UCLA, however they were great as well.

When I emailed U Minn about the waitlist, the lady told me that they have 29 people on the waitlist and they do not rank/tier them. I guess when the rejections come in, they go back to the pile and find a few more to send invites to. Hopefully we get in!

Received accepts from Minnesota, UW-Madison, Georgia Tech, JHU, Purdue and CMU. Rejects from MIT, UC Berkeley and Michigan, Ann Arbor.

I have decided to go to CMU since I want to research in Systems and Control and their systems group is top-notch (probably the best there is).