May the season begin!

Willows

Ohio Economics has sent out a couple few offers as well.  I bet the Graduate School at Ohio has leaned on departments to make decisions earlier than usual for some administrative reason.  I wouldn't let what's going on at Ohio freak you out too bad.  Most programs should roll out decisions on the usual distribution they do, which is a couple few weeks out.  Good luck everyone!

should we create the official acceptance/rejection thread or use this one?

Up to you guys! It would be nice to have a thread where people only post acceptances/rejections along with whatever stats they are willing to give.. just for reference. This can be more of a chat thread.

Edited by Willows

hk2QX.png

I was bored. The final drop is the one person who got in from waitlist... "The plateau of death" we can call it.

*Select sample (81 cases), few school (7), poor calculations (timing), based on 2013+2012

Edited by cherub

Ok, just got an email from Rice inviting me to Visit Day there too... on the same day as Notre Dame.  A happy predicament, but a predicament nonetheless.  What are the odds that my only two schools with interviews host them on the same day?!

Ok, just got an email from Rice inviting me to Visit Day there too... on the same day as Notre Dame.  A happy predicament, but a predicament nonetheless.  What are the odds that my only two schools with interviews host them on the same day?!

You're on fire today! :D

Not sociology related, but I applied to Teach for America as a backup option and got invited to participate in the phone interview. I am excited and nervous at the same time! 

That's awesome, as I know TFA has gotten incredibly competitive lately!  It's a great option to have :)

Yeah it is. I figured the January 11th deadline was the best one because if you make it the decision needs to be made in mid-march and I figured I would know most if not all of my acceptances and rejections by then. Some graduate programs will let you defer admissions to participate in TFA too. 

Not sociology related, but I applied to Teach for America as a backup option and got invited to participate in the phone interview. I am excited and nervous at the same time! 

That's awesome!