May the season begin!

Willows

Congratulations to whoever got the first acceptance of the season! :-)

According to last years' results, Minnesota usually issued decisions starting in February...could this early acceptance hint that programs will start giving answers earlier in general?

If so, I gotta go out and amass supplies. I'm not leaving my computer until March.

Congratulations to whoever got the first acceptance of the season! :-)

According to last years' results, Minnesota usually issued decisions starting in February...could this early acceptance hint that programs will start giving answers earlier in general?

If so, I gotta go out and amass supplies. I'm not leaving my computer until March.

I hope so. I had a grad coordinator email me well before the deadline to let me know if I could get the rest of my application in (LORs), my file would go into review immediately. Of course, I'm not holding my breath for early results, but it would be lovely. 

Edited by Willows

Yeah good on whoever got in :) Go Gophers!! 

I just submitted my final paper for my MA so now I can spend all my time thinking about the future and what's in store..

From my understanding - UNC has sent out acceptances in the week to come (20th) and then Duke is followingly closely.  After that UM-Amherst and Princeton come around 1-2nd Feb and then we get into the crazy period.

Congrats!!! Based on last years dates some schools are a little behind. I searched specifically for programs I'm interested in but to get an idea.

Fall 2012 Notification

Boston U 2/20- No Visit
Emory  1/10 -Visit Day notification
Rutgers 2/1- Phone Interview

I also applied to Minnesota. Last year, decisions were posted the 24th, which is still 9 days from now. While I wait, I'm going to be a good American and try to decide if Minnesota sweatpants would look cute on me.

Congrats!!! Based on last years dates some schools are a little behind. I searched specifically for programs I'm interested in but to get an idea.

Fall 2012 Notification

Boston U 2/20- No Visit

Emory  1/10 -Visit Day notification

Rutgers 2/1- Phone Interview

Ha! I applied to Emory as well and have been thinking the same thing...they're late! *grumble grumble*

I really don't think too many of us will be notified that early. I'm not saying the 1/10 notifications on search results are bs, but that's probably a very early acceptance primarily through a POI who really really wanted the person in their program. Most programs seem to have weekly waves of notifications so I don't think they're late in any way. To the fellow Emory and UNC Chapel Hill applicants, I suspect that the first round of offers will probably be notified late January and the first week of February. I'm with you though. These are exciting times. Best of luck to all.

I can claim one of the Minnesota acceptances. Was emailed by the Director of Graduate Studies in Sociology this afternoon. Funding details to follow. So excited!

It is a great feeling! Good luck with the rest!

I can claim one of the Minnesota acceptances. Was emailed by the Director of Graduate Studies in Sociology this afternoon. Funding details to follow. So excited!

I have taken two courses in the department at Minnesota.  If you have any questions about life here or want to tap my limited knowledge of the department, post or PM away. :)

Hey all, I'm a longtime lurker, but I'm another one of those who received an acceptance e-mail from Minnesota. Excited as hell and breathing a sigh of relief. I didn't know I had it in me to get into a good PhD program, and I was more than slightly convinced I'd have to move back in with my parents next year. Now to hear from the other five...