Acceptance Freakout Thread

You guys!!  I just got in to Penn State!!! 6 years of full funding!!

AAAAAHHHHH!!!

YAAAAAAAAY!! I check this thread just in the hopes that I'll see posts from you and girl who wears glasses, cos you both are in somewhat allied fields to me. So happy for you!

In related news, did anyone see the entry for Penn State that I'm assuming is NOT bfat?

I aint going here. Who would after the big scandal? The reputation is forever tarnished. Also, the campus is in a horrible little town far away from everything else.

Can we all just pause for a quick lol? Ah, the smell of troll in the evening.

I wouldn't worry about making a good impressions since you are accepted; you've already done that! 

If you are trying to decide between programs though, a visit might help. If you've already made your decision than a trip might not be worth the money.

You don't say why a trip isn't feasible, but if it's because of money maybe the department could fund your trip? Have you asked if they are willing to do this?

They've offered a small reimbursement of flights but it wouldn't cover additional visa fees, international fees, return fares. It would be a 22hr flight, so maybe 2 days travel in total to get there. It could blow out my relocation costs. Also, I'm trying to finish my thesis. I can't delay it. The timing is rather sucky.

I'm having a skype chat with professors from both universities.

Oh I wish I were a rich person...

Congrats, Pim! Brown is freaking amazing.

Exactly 3 years ago today I received my first MFA/MA rejection from the University of Wyoming. I remember this because it is my birthday (one more small hint of exactly who I am forever cemented on the internet). That was pretty crappy. But today I got notification that I've been awarded a fellowship at Buffalo, so... best present possible. 

CONGRATS!!! Happy Birthday!

Yay!!! And here you thought you were out of the game. You should feel so boss right now.

I feel totes boss. B)

Bfat, are you still counting Penn State in your implicit rejections? :P

lol, nope, but Cornell moved into its spot. :rolleyes:

In related news, did anyone see the entry for Penn State that I'm assuming is NOT bfat?

Can we all just pause for a quick lol? Ah, the smell of troll in the evening.

er, yeah, that's not me. lulz tho.

Congrats!! That's amazing. Nothing but silence from them on my end.

FWIW, I asked and the DGS said they are aiming for an incoming cohort of 16-17 for the MA/PhD, and there are only 2 (serious entries) on the board, so... definitely still hope. :)

@patientagony -- I'm curious about your UIUC acceptance.  Was that for MA or PhD?  I haven't seen any Phd acceptances go up on the board yet this year, but I've been eyeing your signature and wondering if I've missed the boat there . . . B) <-- sunglasses to hide the staring

@patientagony -- I'm curious about your UIUC acceptance.  Was that for MA or PhD?  I haven't seen any Phd acceptances go up on the board yet this year, but I've been eyeing your signature and wondering if I've missed the boat there . . . B) <-- sunglasses to hide the staring

Happy to clarify for you imogene. It's an MA acceptance, which I was notified of pretty early because of a fellowship nomination. I've actually been wondering myself when the rest of the acceptances for MA and PhD will go out, but I don't have any insider info on that unfortunately. If I hear anything I'll let you know. Best of luck!

I think so! I'm trying to figure out how to get there without taking much time off from work. I don't live near a major airport, and the campus is not near a major airport, so it could take a whole day of traveling! I really need to see the campus and community, as well as talk to students and professors, to get a good feel for the program. I am terrified of living in the middle of miles and miles of cornfields, but if the campus and program are fabulous enough, I may have to get over my fear of flat country and take the leap! 

Just wanted to say a big CONGRATs to everyone who has been accepted so far!!! I haven't been keeping up with those -- sorry about that!! I'm very excited for everyone!!! 

Hopefully this week will just continue to be filled with good news!!

@Two Expressos, I would be seriously surprised it you didn't get in anywhere -- keep your hopes up until you know it's over!