Acceptance Freakout Thread

I just got a nomination for a fellowship at West Virginia. It looks like an acceptance. What am I supposed to do!?

It's started.

I love you all so please share good news asap.

AWESOME! Congrats asleepawake! You're one of my favorite people on here. I'm so happy for you.

You guys are all the best! If anyone else applied to WV, don't give up yet: I think I was notified so early because the fellowship deadline is looming and I have some paperwork.

Congrats!  Here's to hoping other posters--myself included, of course-- share your good fortune in the coming weeks!

Don't worry- it will happen! I cannot enjoy success alone so now I'm just nervous for everyone else. It is certainly a heavy weight lifted often my solders to get this news, but the anxiety is still present. I'm sure you'll all know soon because yours news is coming. It's just so early. I can't believe how early this is - when I applied to MFA and MAs 3 years back, I didn't get a funded offer until the last week of March. 

While this is awesome news, the clairvoyant in me suspects that you will not end up at West Virginia. Instead, you will receive another "offer you can't refuse." 

Aww, thanks. This does look like a very good offer and it's clear that they really like me, which is a great feeling. I may also just be having some early luck. We'll see - final decisions are so far away!

It terrifies me that this is all happening so quickly. Within two weeks, a bunch of schools will start notifying. Berkeley tends to make phone calls by the end of January. It's not technically the most bling-bling school on my list, but I've dreamed of going to Berkeley for a really long time. I'm so nervous. 

I really wanna go to Berk for POI reasons, but I checked and saw that the earliest that Berk English notifies is 6th Feb for GC. Dunno if it's different for Berk comp lit. Berk English is missing a grad administrator, according to my POI, so I'm expecting them to be perhaps a bit later than usual.

I just wish -- whatever the news -- they would get it over with.

I'm thinking early Feb (5th-10th) at the earliest for worrying. If I get one before then... great! If not, I'll probably start to stress about the future (like, I could be applying for jobs right now).

But, I feel like I should hold out through the first wave or so of acceptance before starting to worry.

Edited by bluecheese