My Chances? Am I screwed?

Divz

Hi,

I realize that I'm late at this whole graduate school thing. But I desperately need some advice.

Is it reasonable for me to even consider grad school at this point with the following statistics

GRE 157/155/5

GPA 3.3 (2.9 in my Junior and Senior year) (Bad choices of course combinations, worked 2 jobs)

Experience: Worked as a research assistant for 3 years (even published)

Graduating with a Chemical Engineering from University of Minnesota with a minor in Management and Chemistry.

I am looking at Environmental Science Technology and management programs at the following places

University of Minnesota

University of Wisconsin

University of Illinois Chicago

University of Michigan- Online masters

Thank you!

I don't know too much about the details of these programs or how competitive they are, but if the deadlines give you time you should go for it. If you could look up the average statistics on students who are admitted into these programs, you'd get a clearer idea of where you lie.

Make sure you address the GPA thing in your SOP though. Don't make excuses, just offer a brief explanation and focus on the relevant work and research you've done since. If you're applying next year or have time, it can't hurt to retake the GRE for somewhat higher quant scores to offset the lower GPA in your last 2 years.