should I be concerned?

candycrava

One of the programs I'm applying to is the Ed.S. school psychology program at Lehigh.  I learned via this website that Lehigh already sent out interview invites for Ph.D. applicants.  Since I'm an Ed.S. applicant, do you think I should be concerned?

Hiya

I am in a similar fix. I applied for the PhD in I/O Psychology programme at UCF. When I checked the results section I found out that someone has accepted an offer from UCF for the same programme. Not sure where I stand. Do you reckon I should contact the programme coordinator to find out the status of my application? Could I state that I am aware that UCF has already sent out offers? Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Best Wishes

Lebena 

Lebena, I don't think there is any harm in emailing the department and just say that you are interested in checking on the status of your application. Don't overthink it and don't go into too much detail (ex. I saw that this person was extended an offer on this date blahblah).

Hiya PsychGirl1

I applied for three of the programmes in December, I haven't heard from any of them! When did Universities start getting in touch with you?

Kind Regards

Lebena

If you know other candidates have been notified and you still haven't received word a few days later then it's safe to assume you've been rejected. But sometimes acceptances come at strange intervals. If you are stressing about it then send the department an email. But give it some time before asking them. Check the results section to get an idea of when programs in your field begin contacting candidates.