Ohio State Education

ray323

I just saw someone got rejected from the OSU higher education program.

According to the post, the result was from the website, which I immediately checked but saw 'in review' still.

Is there some other people out there who heard anything from OSU??

FYI, I applied to PhD program at school of teaching and learning.

Guest HEPhD13

The email I received was on January 28th. It was just a generic mass-emailed message that said I had been selected for the wait list and would not be interviewed. If I would like to stay on the wait list, I should email to let them know. 

I'm pretty sure that the HESA program runs on a different schedule than the other education programs so there is still tons of hope for you! Good luck!!

I got a status update on the web-site and then received an e-mail the day after. 

"In review" status stays there for a while. Even though I am admitted I still have "in review" status because it is under financial review. Make sure to check the details and it will show more details. 

I applied for PhD in QREM.

Guest HEPhD13

I got a status update on the web-site and then received an e-mail the day after. 

"In review" status stays there for a while. Even though I am admitted I still have "in review" status because it is under financial review. Make sure to check the details and it will show more details. 

Where do you see the "in review" status? My application still just says submitted.

Nevermind! Found it.

Edited by HEPhD13

Oh, thanks! 

When you said you got a status update, did your status said you were admitted?

And, can I ask you when you got the email and was it from your POI or from the department?

I'm sorry for bombarding you with so many questions!

I haven't heard anything till now... and I'm getting nervous and even depressed a little!!

My application status still says in review because it is under financial review. It says that my application has been academically approved. I got the e-mail from the Office of Graduate Studies. 

I think you shouldn't be nervous I have a friend who applied to the same department for a different concentration she still hasn't heard back either. 

I hadn't indicated any POI on my application form but I did get an email from the director of the student services (or someone with a similar title) saying that the department has recommended my admission. The email also said that my transcript is missing. So I don't think they contact anyone before the status is changed online. I think the only reason they contacted me was because my transcript was missing.

I know it is hard to keep sane while waiting for results but I think it helps not to read too much on the forum :)

Good luck

OOOOOOOOOO!!

my status says "Your application has been academically approved and is now in Financial Review. Items with a status of Incomplete are still needed by the office listed in the Contact column." too!!

Does this mean I'm admitted???

Please bear with me... this is my second round of application and my first official news was a rejection so I don't know what an 'acceptance' looks like!!

Thanks so much, idontlikecoffee!!!

I just got the email that the graduate committee recommended me for admission and they need the financial documents! (I don't know if this is required only for international students...)

Do you happen to know how to find out about funding? should we just wait? 

I can't believe I got the admission!!!