Program has requested an interview

Seatbelt Blue

I just received word from the admissions advisor that my top choice wants to do a Skype interview with me. The program's website says a personal interview may be requested, not that one is required.

Is this a good or a bad thing?

I'm going with good. Given that interviews are a time-investment on the part of the school, they won't interview unless they are strongly considering taking you on. Good also that they're giving you an opportunity to prove to them that you're worthy of being accepted onto the program. 

Good luck with it!

I've never had a Skype interview, so I don't know how much help I can be :-). I'd still prepare notes and have them with me- questions to ask, etc.- and make sure that I am still dressed professionally and that my background is professional. I'd probably practice a bit with the camera in my computer to see what I look like (and whatever is in the background). I'd also probably light a candle for relaxation purposes!

Good luck!