American University (SIS)

I've been wondering that too since I saw the acceptances. I did a phone info session and the woman said by the 3rd week of March they would mail decisions. I wonder where people who got those acceptences already live, maybe close to DC? Maybe some of us will hear next week. Stupid no mail on Sunday, don't they know we're going crazy waiting?

I met an admission representative last Dec and asked her about the notification's matter. She said they will send out their decisions in early March by...yes, the snail mail! No e-mail notification, though u may send e-mail to ask them the result...

"Stupid no mail on Sunday, don't they know we're going crazy waiting?''

Haha! That's exactly what I was thinking!! The 3rd week, huh? :(

And Frane: thanks also for your input! I may email and ask but I am afraid to sound too pushy considering there's nothing wrong, i.e. missing application documents, etc! i'm just impatient!

I was one who posted my acceptance on Saturday. A large envelope came in the mail from the school on Saturday with a folder that had a catalog and letter inside. I had been accepted, but was only being offered a combination of federally subsidized and unsubsidized loans--no scholarships. I live in DC.

I got my packet today. Well actually I'm out of town so my boyfriend read it to me over the phone. Yay, I have options now! A bit frustrating that they want notification by April 15 when I believe most of the others will be by May 1. Oh well, hopefully I'll know everything I need to by then!

Central New York area, so not terribly far from DC, I'm assuming people who live farther than that (or on postal routes that take longer) will hear soon. Good luck everyone! I wish they would put it online too, but no dice so far.

Thanks, YL. I'm convinced my time in "the Corps" was the reason for my acceptance and probably helped out with the funding offer. You were a PCV too, right?

JLY: I had a good GPA from UC Berkeley (English major) plus high GRE scores.

Good luck everyone!

Congrats, slothrop99. Your AU financial aid package is quite impressive. You should do well this round!

Any theories on why the AU letters are trickling in? I live in DC and am surprised I haven't heard yet. Are they just taking their time or is this bad news?

Re GWU -- No hard copy letter yet, but an email indicating good news. Exact $ value isn't concrete yet. I saw one other person on here mention they got a similar letter.

I'm starting to think that there is no rhyme or reason to when one hears back from schools. The information on this forum has been invaluable over the last few months, but I also think that it has made me over-analyze who is hearing from what school when!

To those who already received postal mails: Congradulations! And could you tell me whether it comes by express or snail mail? Because I emailed to ask my status and got reply that my decision was sent out on 6/Mar and should be arrived at me in up to 10 days, just curious if they send express mails? Since I'm outside U.S and it usually takes 3-4 weeks for snail mail to arrive...

Hi all,

Congrats on your decisions! I got into SIS; found out this past Sunday for U.S. foreign policy I've been rejected from WWS and SIPA at Columbia. Still waiting to hear from the Elliott School and the MALD program at Fletcher. Best of luck to all. As my name suggests, I live in DC.